The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yeh, anyone bagging him mustn't watch many Suns games. And he's only gonna get better. I don't think we could match the Suns offer though and he would not have got the opportunity with us he has with the Suns.
I watch suns games, watched most of them. Its a little from column A and a little from column B. He's a fast agile athletic beast, we knew that, and he's improved. I'm not sure how much, he isn't playing that differently to when he was with us, just a few less bad games and bad periods, which is standard big man maturing. The main difference is he's just getting more games. He's a walk up start now. He can work and go in at times and he can still bludge and avoid contact. The fact he's been effective this season while still being half arsed at best in a lot of contests is amazing. He was abysmal in the Collingwood game, his mind just wasn't in the game, so I knew he'd lift against us. As Brodders says, the seagull out the back goal against us at the death, obviously effective, but also emblematic.

If he starts working hard and concentrating consistently he will be a superstar. If he doesn't he'll be a flashy, flakey foil to King, which is still worth having.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The one I'm wondering about from the expansion clubs is Fiorini at Gold Coast. Been dropped the last 2 weeks when they have played well.

Played his best footy in the middle as an inside mid but I think was moved out of there when Rowell came back. Wins clearances, tackles, good CP mix.

Thoughts on him? Biggest issue I see is he is contracted for 2023.
I thought Fiorini would be worth a look but apparently he's contracted for 2023 and on $600k! :oops:

• Wow

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Mathesion 4 games, 21 touches, 6 clearances, 12 contested.....

Beastmode building....

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agree especially because he is a free agent
We at least have to make Collingwood pay overs if they keep him.
If Degoey stays on a 4yr 750k contract.
We are fked. We should be on his hear 800k 5 yrs + bonuses .
Bend them over. Especially now they are trying to get Grundy out.
Port are the club most likely to bail the Maggots out of the Grundy mess.

Lets hope Brodie says NO and says he's staying put.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
In the space of 12 months they have gone from cap issues to chasing McStay at 450k a year, Tarranto at 750k a year and Bobby Hill.
They are similar to Geelong
They chase players and they do not hesitate to move over.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
He is there best player by a country mile.
I believe he is going to stkilda because
Collingwood have already got McStay, Hill and Tarranto agreeing to come over.
Not sure how other clubs have locked players in for 2023 but again we seem to be silent.
The news we are after Tarranto & Hopper might be true, but both have agreed to join other clubs.
I believe one will be a tiger,Cerra was Tiger bound last year before we went cold and told him ,couldn't guarantee him a game.
This was our way of saying,ppiiss off

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
In the space of 12 months they have gone from cap issues to chasing McStay at 450k a year, Tarranto at 750k a year and Bobby Hill.
They are similar to Geelong
They chase players and they do not hesitate to move over.
Mcstay 450,so on 300 now.
No way, to move he's getting 5 x 600.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Nope he’s not, the perfect fourth or fifth mid battering ram.

Can do what George Hewitt did this year at Carlton.
Come on Scoop you aren’t seriously comparing Mathieson to Hewitt.

Hewitt is a far superior footballer to Mathieson.

If we had Mathieson in our team right now you honestly think he is getting a game?

Reactions: 1 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Mathieson's only redeeming feature is that he looks like Bobcat Goldthwait's classic character Zed, from Police Academy 2

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If we want to target someone who will help our midfield as that ‘beast mode’ let’s look at Sam Powell Pepper.

Reactions: 3 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
If we want to target someone who will help our midfield as that ‘beast mode’ let’s look at Sam Powell Pepper.
good around the ground which we have plenty of...average when in the guts which we have plenty of too.

Everything revolves around dusty, if dusty stays then we need to go taranto on a heavily back ended contract like 5-6 even 7 years if it means he walks to us.
Draft best available midfield with our first rounder, best available mid with our second rounder and even best available mid with the next pick too.
I am not fussed about the KPF as BAUER WILL be awesome, Jack will go around and Samson coming on means draft KPF in 2023 draft.

Dusty leaves so does his $1.2M x 2 options will be endless, the rebuild is then fast tracked big time...and even bolton get secured early.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Mathieson simply doesn't cover the ground well enough to be on our radar.

Very much a stoppage to stoppage footballer who offers little else, especially on transition.

We need a seasoned midfielder or two to come in, but not his type and also of better quality.

Reactions: 5 users

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
The target in coming years should be King from the Gold Coast. Chol is shining without him so his importance is reducing. Let him do another year of rehab on the coast and then bring him home to replace Riewoldt

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Why would Port let him go? They’d want a high pick. You’d give that up?

Come on Scoop you aren’t seriously comparing Mathieson to Hewitt.

Hewitt is a far superior footballer to Mathieson.

If we had Mathieson in our team right now you honestly think he is getting a game?
Hewitt averaged 17 touches and 2.5 clearances, no one was talking him up. A few on here were keen but no one saw him going at 28 and 6. And was a free agent so they payed for him. Not sure Hewitt holds

The Lions have two Ashcroft’s coming. Ain’t no way Matho holds him out.

We need a battering ram that can help now. If Matho gives us this years numbers next year, it’s enough.