The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Even though Mathieson doesn't know what barometer means, he's kind of right. Him getting a game is a measure of how sh!t they're going.

And he's a flog.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Numbers are identical for both Dow and Mathieson when they play AFL. Only difference one isnt a *smile*.

Carlton's strength is their midfield. They are not screaming out for mids. Odd comment.

When they play AFL? Dow doesn’t. He’s played in a terrible midfield, in a terrible side for years and hasn’t established himself at all. One of the worst pick 3’s ever.

And the numbers are nowhere near identical. Take out unused sub game this year and it’s 21 touches and six clearances. Dow has never averaged over 15.

The difference is Dow has PRE PR behind him.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Not sure about the Dow love. He's bagged (probably rightly) by most on here ha!

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
When they play AFL? Dow doesn’t. He’s played in a terrible midfield, in a terrible side for years and hasn’t established himself at all. One of the worst pick 3’s ever.

And the numbers are nowhere near identical. Take out unused sub game this year and it’s 21 touches and six clearances. Dow has never averaged over 15.

The difference is Dow has PRE PR behind him.
I am not judging him on where he was picked in the draft. Agree he is not a top 3 pick. I think he could be an astute money ball pick.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I am not judging him on where he was picked in the draft. Agree he is not a top 3 pick. I think he could be an astute money ball pick.
Gosh I'll be annoyed if we bring Dow across.
He is a total bust.

We already have his brother who is average.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bloody hell we've fallen to deciding between Dow and Mathieson. Considering we got Sonsie at 28 or whatever I'd rather either a second or third rounder in the draft than those two spuds.

Reactions: 12 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I’ll go back to Dow’s draft year. He was a gun and his numbers were outstanding. Something has gone really wrong with his development. Being flogged week to week in a crap team and a really crap midfield as a kid has probably taken its toll. Carlton will give him away for a bag of stale chips so in that regard he’s probably worth a year or two.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I don't rate Mathieson, but then again I didn't rate Will Brodie and he will probably top 3 in Freo's BnF this year.

If we didn't go for someone like Dunstan, who had far better exposed form than Mathieson, I struggle to see us going for him.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I mentioned Mathieson a month or so when he couldn't get a game.

I know he's a bit of a tool, but as I said then, and you said, he wouldn't cost a great deal. Had 24 times for 414 metres gained and went at 75% against Carlton on the weekend.
He got it plenty, and every kick was a dump thump around the corner. Plenty of metres gained, plenty of elevation gained too. The disposal efficiency can be misleading.
Plus he was competing against Dow, so he only had a VFL opponent for the game.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Ninnie Minnie mo.
How's the 5 under 30 going?
Geelong get 1 under 20 and the kid is Brownlow quality.
**when a club like Collingwood or Geelong come to you 'hey guys are you willing to trade your 1st or 2nd pick to us?".
The 1st thing Clark and Hartley need to do is hang up and find out who they want with that pick.
Because we handed Geelong a 200+ gamer that runs like a gazelle.
We are tooo easy to deal with "hey fkstick do you want pick 19 give us Henry??"
"Hey fksticks do you want pick 12 give us your 2 1st rounder next year & the year after"
Or *smile* off and ask Essendon.
Or start a all in.
Couldn't agree more Zips. Why did we trade a first rounder to the Cats when they are our arch enemy and in the window. Stupid decision and Holmes would look great in our jumper. Geelong bent over Eagles with Kelly and got a great deal out of Us. Our trading with other clubs has been mediocre the last few years. Be ruthless Tigers and dont give those about us a foot up!

• Dislike

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I just dont see it with P.Dow

Has speed but is timid at times and the only thing i see him do is get the ball 15 times a game at speed to hand ball off but usually to a player in not much better position. Terrible kick and no 2nd position

Jack Bytel is a player i think would be a money ball pick/trade
Injured in his draft year
18 months couldnt train
Selected by St kilda with mercenary midfielders getting paid too much they must be played

Could be the next Will Brodie type player
would cost not much trade or $$$

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Couldn't agree more Zips. Why did we trade a first rounder to the Cats when they are our arch enemy and in the window. Stupid decision and Holmes would look great in our jumper. Geelong bent over Eagles with Kelly and got a great deal out of Us. Our trading with other clubs has been mediocre the last few years. Be ruthless Tigers and dont give those about us a foot up!
100% right brother
Who in there right mind would do a deal with your only true challenger?
Even north told us & Adelaide to *smile* off when we offered 33 1st rounders for Horne Francis.
Let's see what happens this year we have pick 19 (north's pick) teams will want it.
Ohh it's the 1st pick in the 2nd round.
Trade it for a ready made player or players.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Are we the only club in this competition that never gets good FS besides Richo which was a qtr a century ago.
Hollands boys. What's Blair doing?
Unleash offer our next 12 1st rounders.
The one at GC is a gun.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Are we the only club in this competition that never gets good FS besides Richo which was a qtr a century ago.
Hollands boys. What's Blair doing?
Unleash offer our next 12 1st rounders.
The one at GC is a gun.
The one at Gold Coasts dad played about 10 games for us Zip, not sure how that qualifies us to get him as a father son ?