The Casey Cancer must be removed | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Casey Cancer must be removed

notorious219

Tiger Rookie
Oct 17, 2003
The 44-year-old IT manager plans to pass a vote of no confidence in the current board, elect provisional board members and open nominations for a new off-field team.

Casey's latest ramblings prove to me that he will do anything to cling onto power.

Personally I'd like to see this guy being immediately prevented from making any more major decisions that could damage this club.

The only way to do this is to vote him out A.S.A.P.

Right now he's looking at appointing a new chief executive to the club. Do we really want a Casey appointed CEO running the place?

I totally support Michael Pahoff moves to elect a 'provisional board'.

Action needs to be taken now! Tomorrow could be too late.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

How can we elect a provisional board if we have no nominations?

If Phantom elects a provisional board, isn't that replacing one dictator with another?

What a load of rubbish. Who the hell is going to line up and take on our basket case of a club for three months and then face a full election for board positions at seasons end.
We need to wait until the year is over and then hopefully have a proper challenge to the incumbents with a fully organised alternative ticket. Jumping in with a ragtag crew now will only push us further into the *smile*( if that is at all possible).

TigerMasochist on one hand you say no one is going to nominate, then you say they'll do a lousy job. Talk about negative attitude!

Where do you get your information? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

If a provisional board does a good job then presumably they'll be returned in the full election.

This isn't an ideal situation I agree but I believe something has to be done..NOW!

Would other people do any worse a job than Casey? That's the question that needs to be asked.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

notorious219 said:
Would other people do any worse a job than Casey? That's the question that needs to be asked.   

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I have a Jack Russell terrier who is quite smart. OK, she can't talk, I don't think she can write aand she's nearly 10 so she's probably getting a bit long in the tooth. But she's very inventive as she keeps coming up with new ways to escape from the backyard. I am very impressed by her ingenuity and I think that she could do a much better job of running the RFC than Corn Chips ever would hope to :p

Who would bother applying for the CEO position?
Caseless said all executive positions are on a month to month basis. If there are any potential executives reading this I'd apply for the coaches job your guaranteed never to be fired. ::)

So $60,000 is an expense the club cannot afford?

What price democracy, at a club that is steered by a man that has lost that amount 20 times over, at least , by all predictions.

A quote from CASEY- "This is not a time for criticism nor a time to self-destruct. Our message to all the critics and those that genuinely want to help is nominate for a position, stand up and donate some of your time – bring us a sponsor, bring us 1000 members, do something to help this club."

Isn't that what PAHOFF is doing, genuinely helping, standing up, donating his time?

I attempted to organise a sponsorship partnership witht the Richmond Football Club and a Sports Club Holiday Accomodation Organisation. After the initial contact I believe nothing eventuated.

I have offered my services to the football club free of charge to assist in membership development, with no success to this time.

So, Mr. CASEY what more can the "grass roots" people do?

We put as much money in as we can afford.

It is not the fault of the 27,000 members that sign up on the back of poor season after poor season.

It is your fault. You appointed the CEO (sight unseen), You extended the coaching contracts. You have to take the blame for the turmoil at the RFC.

If you were an honourable man, you would announce to the members the real situation at the club. You would say it direct to the members, not through hyped media grabs. It would be honourable to announce your resignation and assist in the reformation with a bloodless change over.

So, Mr. CASEY don't knock the "grass-roots" supporter for having a go to bring back the strength to his/her club.

You, at the top end of town, have failed.

Well said Boyanich. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe Casey feels he should be treated like many other underperforming CEOs in this country? Pay him a huge bonus for losing the club millions. Makes sense to me.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

notorious219 said:
TigerMasochist on one hand you say no one is going to nominate, then you say they'll do a lousy job. Talk about negative attitude!

Where do you get your information? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

If a provisional board does a good job then presumably they'll be returned in the full election.

This isn't an ideal situation I agree but I believe something has to be done..NOW!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Geez a spin doctor. Try reading my post again. I'm sure I wrote it in english but you seem to have twisted it into something else. I never claimed thatno one would take on the job I asked who in teir right mind would jump in on a short term basis and have to face an election virtually before they even have time to get their backside in the chair. And I definately did not say a word about wether they would do a *smile* job or not.
Quite simply if there is a ticket forming out there I think we will all be happy to consider them as an option' but at least get a spill organised for seasons end and a proper election. Not a half assed unorganised rabble.
So far I have not seen or heard of anyone putting their hand up just a lot of waffle from a lot of knowledgeable experts which I definately don't profess to be.

Boyanich said:
So $60,000 is an expense the club cannot afford?

Maybe someone should point out to that *smile* Casey that HE has been in charge while the $$$$ are flooding out of the club & NOW he wants to avoid an expense which will see his demise. *smile* him off now. I want to but my boot through the TV when I see his moronic head on it.

GO PHANTOM