Petition Timetable. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Petition Timetable.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Hi Everyone,

It has been a tense couple of days.

Today will start the collection of signatures.
This will continue, hopefully, with other volunteers while I am away.

If we get the 100 signatures then the following plan should occur:

June 13th: Commence collecting signatures.

July 25th: Final day for collecting signatures.

July 27th: Presentation of signatures to RFC Secretary.

August 17th: Final day that EGM can occur.
- 'No Confidence' motion passed.
- Provisional Board elected.
- Nominations for Board begins.

September 15th: Estimated Election Day for new Board.

Who is going to be on this "provisional" board? Think again Phantom. Don't further stuff up my club!!

MCG said:
Who is going to be on this "provisional" board?  Think again Phantom. Don't further stuff up my club!!
exactly!unless you have a viable alternative to the current board im not signing anything.

A petition is just one step in a big plan.

If Freo smash us and Pahoff hangs around the bar, he'll get around 1000 signatures.

Which is fine...if there's a plan.

An EGM which costs money is another step in a big plan.

What's the plan?

Who's going to sit on the board if these guys get removed?

What if these guys all get returned at the EGM?

What's the plan?

I certainly won't be signing this ill-conceived, ill-timed and half-@rsed petition.

Phantom, please reconsider your actions. This is just the kind thing that could do untold damage to the club you profess to support.

I urge other members to ignore this petition. Mid-season is NOT the time for such follies.

Phantom said:
July 27th: Presentation of signatures to RFC Secretary.

August 17th: Final day that EGM can occur.
                     - 'No Confidence' motion passed.
                     - Provisional Board elected.
                     - Nominations for Board begins.

As is says in the club's articles:
-----
6.4.1 Subject to section 248 D of the Act, on a requisition in writing signed by at least one hundred members with their addresses and their membership ticket numbers, being delivered to the Secretary, he shall within twenty-one days from receiving such requisition call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the Club by giving twenty-one days notice of the same by advertisement in the daily press. The requisition must state precisely the objects of such meeting including any resolution to be proposed and such objects shall appear in the advertisement in the same or a more abbreviated form.
-----
In other words AFTER you deliver the petition, the club has up to 21 days to call an EGM, and that EGM happens 21 days after that second date.

If a petition is presented on July 27, then the EGM might actually between 21 and 42 days of that date.

Good point DC.

This just goes to show that Phantom doesn't have a clue. The timetable he had suggested is wrong. Secondly, it all seems to be constructed around his overseas trip... ::)

This is bizarre.

Phantom,

I think that your timetable looks good to me, providing that you are not going to present the petition to the RFC until the 27th of July.

David Clayton has pointed out below that the club has 42 days effectively to hold the EGM which could mean that the EGM is held in the first two weeks of September (after the season is over for the players).

This would give any fair dinkum ticket the chance to emerge and to get their house in order.

The only slight concern that I have is that early September will be the time when the club will be searching out and trying to sign up a new coach for next year. I just hope that the off field instability at this time wouldn't scare off any potential coach from signing with the Tigers.

YT, I think the point is that if people want a new board to appoint a new coach, then all this should have happened about 2 months ago.

The current board has already put in process a process to review and set the parameters for appointing a coach. Whatever happens now at bpoard level, I think that we will have to trust that process. Most people seem to have faith in Greg Miller — he will be a huge part of that review, so I don't believe that we should be so keen to a) disrupt an ongoing process and b) demand that a new board appoint a coach.

I reckon its great, PASSION. Further stuff up the Club???? Is that possible? Ill-timed, wanna wait for us to have a bad year do you???? You're talking like once you sign the Jack Dyer Stand instantly caves in on itself. Look at all the press this has got. Its tremendous. A member walking the walk as well as talking the talk. Remember th unofficiall Carlton committee, they had a big role in reinvigourating some heart into that club worst luck.

All this does initially is send a strong message to the Club that the supporters are snakey as hell and can't take much more. And when and IF, IF the petition is delivered is like a sword of damacles hanging over the club. If Phantom gets the signatures, he might have a private meeting with Casey or Miller who will inform him of these "major plans" (confidentially of course so we dont show our hand) and he'll then tell us that he's satisfied the much needed clean sweep will happen and that will be it. Or, they tell him we're getting ernie sigley and Denise Drysdale (bless her) on the board, Ray Huppatz as coach, and are making Billy Nicholls Captain and all hell breaks loose. And rightly so.

No political campaign is set in concrete, and Phantom seems to me to appreciate the big picture. On you Phantom.

And how do attract these type of people when we have a petition circulating that threatens to sack the board and require them to front up again for re-election at the AGM a few months later?

Where are the people with skills we need lining up to support this petition? Who is the alternative board?
Where is the plan from those supporting this petition to recruit the type of we need?
What plans do those people pushing the petition have to recuit a new CEO, coaching, staff, marketing staff?
Why should the two new board members also be sacked when they have only just joined the Board? What have they done to deserve this?

One hundred signatures are not enough to convince me that the board should be over thrown. If it were five thousand or a good majority of members then I still would not agree to do it now.

One hundred members is less than 1% of the membership, to small to matter. But in this case, big enough to stuff the club up once again for the other 27000 members.

No plan, going on holidays, no alternate ticket. No timeframe, doesn't understand the constitution, jumped the gun with the press providing more bad publicity for the club.

How much convincing do members need, this is stupid and amateurish at best and dam write destructive.

Michael back down, take the honourable way out and rather than praying for a white knight to magically appear, do your homework and plan before you act.

Phone calls of support are one thing, getting them to actually ban together and do something is another?

Stop the rot now; pull a hamstring this could be the final blow our club just doesn't need at this point.

We all want change but NOT ATANY COST AND NOT JUST PISSING IN TO THE WIND AND HOPING SOME GOOD WILL COME OF THIS MESS.

Dean3 said:
The current board has already put in process a process to review and set the parameters for appointing a coach. Whatever happens now at bpoard level, I think that we will have to trust that process.

Agreed Dean. The concern I have is that the current Board headed by the President also said after announcing last years loss that steps had been put in place to achieve a break even financial position this year even in the worst case scenario on the field. How the hell can we be facing a $2M loss then!

As soon as the $2M loss became evident to Schwab, Welsh and Daddo, they all walked because they couldn't work under Casey.

The club needs a new President and a clean out at Board level IMO. The only question in my mind is whether the clean out should happen at the AGM or at an EGM.

So Phantom meets with the club and is told what is happening, who's phantom to judge whether the information is good or not?

You have all heard what Leone Daphne had to say, and he seemed quite happy with what was going to happen.

This will be a complete *smile* up. Phantom best extend that holiday.

I wish there was a supporter draft so may be we could trade a few of these geniuses

Muncho,

I am not sure that an EGM is in the best interest of the RFC, but I sure as hell know that Schwab, Welsh and Daddo were not happy with what was going to happen to the club and that is why they walked - rather than being seen as being aligned to Casey.

It is simply a question of whether we wait for the AGM or vote on the matter at an EGM.

I think that as soon as a credible ticket emerges, many members will be very keen to vote on the matter!

Young Tiger said:
Muncho,

I think that as soon as a credible ticket emerges, many members will be very keen to vote on the matter!
agreed.this is why this petition is such a farce.

muncho said:
. . . I wish there was a supporter draft so may be we could trade a few of these geniuses

That's the best laugh I've had this weekend [apart from Fletcher being reported yet again]. Thanks muncho.

50K is a 2.5% increase on our debt for the year - plus the lost efficiencies within the club because of the organisation such a meeting takes. What a waste.

The call for an EGM is ludicrous and appears to be based to a large extent on the concern that too little information is forthcoming from the club.

Well hello - how much information is forthcoming about the challenge - even less.

Richmond will not keep/attract players and a coach by acting like loose - cannons