The Cotchin Letter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Cotchin Letter

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Got in the mail a letter from Trent with an A4 poster thanking me and the Tiger Army.

Whilst I like the 'personal' letter but it is a waste of money - I'd rather have a membership reduction or any discount and get this via email.

PS. It did include CCJ as our future in it too.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Got in the mail a letter from Trent with an A4 poster thanking me and the Tiger Army.

Whilst I like the 'personal' letter but it is a waste of money - I'd rather have a membership reduction or any discount and get this via email.

I felt the same. Felt like an insincere marketing stunt to appease no discounts on memberships. Rather have received nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Yep waste of money and just added paper to my recycling bin.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You blokes are spoilt. Ive just pulled up a chair to wait for the postie

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

i would like to see a membership reduction or discount
Port Melbourne Membership giving back to those who stuck fat over last 2 years Member Discount 50% New Member Discount 25%

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yep, waste of paper and time, but worse than this, we have 4 memberships in the house, and oldest daughter who is staunchest supporter, (behind me:)) ) didn't get one.
So careless from membership department.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I hate this stuff, its a sign of incompetence. It shows no feel for supporters nor any marketing acumen. The idea and execution was terrible.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep, waste of paper and time, but worse than this, we have 4 memberships in the house, and oldest daughter who is staunchest supporter, (behind me:)) ) didn't get one.
So careless from membership department.
Give me your address and I can send her mine.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Has she just turned 16 Bigwow?

That happened to one of my kids and it turned out they had become too old for the family membership so were just dropped off without any notification at all.

Was only when I rang up they told me the situation and offered an alternative membership. I wonder how many they lose each year through that incompetence?
No, she's 20. Went through the turning 16 thing a few years back, with no prior warning.

Her letter arrived yesterday, curiously.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, she's 20. Went through the turning 16 thing a few years back, with no prior warning.

Her letter arrived yesterday, curiously.

I am yet to see the letter, or the membership pack. Figure they will turn up sooner or later, the funds left the credit card a couple of weeks ago.

Last year we got our AFLW badges both in one letter, addressed to my daughter. Not sure how they work that out, still, I suppose they might be confused since she has my partner's surname, is well into adulthood now, and her membership changed from concession to full membership after finishing at uni. At least it all comes to my place so I can see what's going on. I reckon I'll be paying for her membership for a while yet.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I am yet to see the letter, or the membership pack. Figure they will turn up sooner or later, the funds left the credit card a couple of weeks ago.

Last year we got our AFLW badges both in one letter, addressed to my daughter. Not sure how they work that out, still, I suppose they might be confused since she has my partner's surname, is well into adulthood now, and her membership changed from concession to full membership after finishing at uni. At least it all comes to my place so I can see what's going on. I reckon I'll be paying for her membership for a while yet.

DS
Got a vague email promising membership packs 'soon' , debits have started from credit card, and new increased rates.

Enthusiasm for on-going membership is waning.