The deadly duo: BECK & FRAWLEY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The deadly duo: BECK & FRAWLEY

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Everyone has said it all before. We won't in the short term ever have any success for two simple reasons. BECK and FRAWLEY. Put simply, Beck has no $%^%$# idea on talent at all, that is plain to see.

I used to think different of Frawley. When he first came to Richmond, we started to play more attractive, running, go through the corridor footy. Now, especially this year, I can see Frawley has no idea at all, and when he speaks he says the same &^&%^% all the time. Eg: "Our belief has gone". "The boys are ready to step up to the plate". "To the boys credit, we really GRINDED the win". Step up to the plate, grind, belief, plate, grind, belief, yeah-nah i have no idea, yeah, i would have thought.

GO SPUD u genius coach.

Thanks G.Beck. Our list is oozing with class thanks to your wonderful knack for spotting talent.

Eat 'em alive! (Frawley & Beck)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Mikee said:

Thanks G.Beck. Our list is oozing with class thanks to your wonderful knack for spotting talent.

Eat 'em alive! (Frawley & Beck)

Yep Coughlan, Rodan, Newman, Zantuck etc are all terrible arent they. Need i include Ottens. He hasnt done a terrible job, i blame lack of recruiting support more so.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Beck said on the radio, they hope for a 60% success rate with their recruits.

If we can compile our recruits since 1996 - Becks first year, we can do some analysis and evaluate Beck.

I will have a crack at it.

Stay tuned

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
we can do some analysis and evaluate Beck.

I will have a crack at it.

Stay tuned

Whoops sorry RR, I hadn't seen this when I posted the 2000 draft on the other thread.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Beck is an absolute disgrace. I've worked his percentage rate out as 28.3% and Frawley has no idea. He simply refuses to give any kids a go.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
the claw said:
Beck is an absolute disgrace. I've worked his percentage rate out as 28.3% and Frawley has no idea. He simply refuses to give any kids a go.
28.3% ok what of the other recruiters whats their strike rate?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
the claw - you are a breath of fresh air and welcome aboard. ;D

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
hey johnson2richo2003because i dont have a lot of time ive picked two teams who have consistently finished above us since 1996 thus have consistently had later draft picks essendon at55.8% and the kangaroos 50.0%although not the 60% mark a damned site better than becks pathetic efforts if you want to look up the rest of the teams they are on the offical afl web site ;

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
the claw said:
hey johnson2richo2003because i dont have a lot of time ive picked two teams who have consistently finished above us since 1996 thus have consistently had later draft picks essendon at55.8% and the kangaroos 50.0%although not the 60% mark a damned site better than becks pathetic efforts if you want to look up the rest of the teams they are on the offical afl web site ;
essendon and norths figures are misleading for starters.they always were in a position to trade a quailty player to get what they wanted.we on the other hand took punts on youngters cause thats all we could do and afford.
im not defending beck,s record here. i believe he could have done better but then again like our whole football dept at the time it was run on a smell of an oily rag.
thankfully that has been rectifyed.