The deList | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The deList

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Ok, halfway mark of the year and the wheels are already falling off. Time to start think about the future. We have an abundance of duds on our list and not enough draft picks under 100 to replace them all. so who do we get rid of?

Players under the gun are:
Hilton
Hall
Biddiscombe
Vardy
King
Rogers
Cameron
D Kellaway
Dragacevic
Hyde
Mills
Nicholls
Houlihan
Petiffer
Fiora
McGrath

CRIKEY!! No wonder we suck. But realistically we can perhaps only get rid of 6-8. So who's it going to be. Which players out of this sorry list should be realigated to the reserves hopefully never to play again and who should be persisted with out of necessity?

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
of the list i can only see 3 players with any trade value[hilton,fiora and hall]
one can hope this yrs draft is very very deep ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Vardy will stay as a back-up tall.
Rogers is contracted for another year
The rest are all in the trade or de-list group.
Dunc and Cameron will probably retire...
Then it depends on the courage and ruthlessness of Miller and co. come seasons end as to how many of the guys above will still be around.
It will be an interesting off-season.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerFurious said:
so who do we get rid of?

Contracts will play a big part again. Those out of contract will go for sure, but due to salary cap restrictions we'll probably be forced to keep contracted players on the list equally worthy of getting the chop. Their trade value would have to be almost zero so we'll be stuck with them for another year.

Warpig

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2003
Queensland
I don't think I would swing the axe so vigorously....

Players under the gun are:
Hilton - Gone
Hall - Keep, still developing. Most big men take several years to come good.
Biddiscombe - Gone
Vardy - Keep, playing reasonably when given a game.
King - Keep, still reasonable experienced backup
Rogers - Keep, contracted.
Cameron - Retire
D Kellaway - Retire
Dragacevic - ???? Wait until season end.
Hyde - Keep, still young, give him a go first.
Mills - Gone. Had a few years now and done nothing
Nicholls - Keep, played well in seniors.
Houlihan - Keep, a good utility who can kick goals.
Petiffer - Will get one more chance this year, then probably gone.
Fiora - Keep, a bit more muscle will build confidence. Still have high hopes for him.
McGrath - Keep. Only young and could be anything yet.

So.....

Hilton, Cameron, Kellaway, Mills, Pettifer & Biddiscombe may all be gone next season. There's gotta be a few dollars worth there for one or two established players and the rest kids to fill our list to capacity.