The Don's party Election night thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Don's party Election night thread

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
u and me were getting on so well on saturday nite, ss, i feel a golden moment has passed us by.

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Six Pack said:
u and me were getting on so well on saturday nite, ss, i feel a golden moment has passed us by.
or it could of just been the *smile* talking :hihi however i will admit it was a great thread and a good night ;D

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
The Chinese Govt is actually trying to discourage "low-rent"industries like toy manufacture and clothing, and encourage growth in electronics and digital technology. While your plasma is likely to be a Samsung or LG screen (regardless of name), the odds of your LCD being Chinese are rising each year, with more and more LCD factories opening up in China (which is why the things are so cheap now compared to previous years).

The cheaper production is moving to Vietnam, India and so on, as Chinese wages are also on the rise. This is not an overnight issue, but one which is already influencing the decisions on new factories.

As for Australia, the move is more to the services area, with this now making up a massive part of the economy (sorry - cannot remember %age). Even in manufacturing, this leads to situations where an Australian company designs the product, markets the product, distributes the product, but its made in China.

It should be noted, this is where the $$$ are made. The Chinese make SFA manufacturing, and only make $$$ with massive volumes that deliver economies of scale benefits (which is also a pusher for smaller orders to more flexible manufacturers in India for instance).

Tiger74,
I'll move my response to the 'Talking Politics' thread so Sixpack can party on......on his own. :hihi

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
yr just cranky cos u rocked up late and rosy wouldnt dance with ya and ss tone had passed out!

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
yr just cranky cos u rocked up late and rosy wouldnt dance with ya and ss tone had passed out!

ssstones been into his stash of green ginger wine again hey?? :rofl

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Well In thought I had the best time time on election night but I was wrong.

I was just enjoying the annihilation of the (very) conservative forces of Australian politics at the hands of the (rather) conservative forces.

But what I missed was the unmitigated shellacking that antman gave Liverpool. Whoa. IMO there has never been a bgger belting in the history of PRE.

I tell ya, Deldrin is frightened of the antman.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Dyer'ere said:
I was just enjoying the annihilation of the (very) conservative forces of Australian politics at the hands of the (rather) conservative forces.
But what I missed was the unmitigated shellacking that antman gave Liverpool. Whoa. IMO there has never been a bgger belting in the history of PRE.

Shellacking?
Must have been very good because even I don't know what you're talking about.... ???

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Dyer'ere said:

Both Dean3 and Hayfevers shellacking of Redford have been bigger.