The Don's party Election night thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Don's party Election night thread

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Howsabout we devote this thread to posting in tomorrow night as the count unfolds. Not for having a crack at each other, but to have a good time joking about as the election results come in?

of course, I am open to suggestions that i 'get out more.'

But if yr around tomorrow eve feel free to drop by this thread and bring a bottle of yr best stuff!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Far be if for me to refuse a tipple with my mates. Will probably drop by although I don't think I could possibly be more disinterested in the election and the results. :sleeping

The draft in the morning is another matter though. Bring it on. :clap

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
I'll actually be at the ALP after party for my local member (hopefully a good night....), but wish you all well :)

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
I'll actually be at the ALP after party for my local member (hopefully a good night....), but wish you all well :)

Don't let Rosy drink and drive home, will you? :hihi

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Liverpool said:
Don't let Rosy drink and drive home, will you? :hihi

Thats the only negative. Party is in Ashwood, but I then have to go to a bday party my wife will be at in Altona. I'm therefore sober boy for the night, and no :cheers for me

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
I have to play cricket out in the sticks first, but I will be here tonight with some coldies and a bottle of champagne.

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Did my "how to vote" card bit today. Vibe at the booths in Chisholm is interesting.

No outward idea of who will win (most people very polite, no put downs (like you normally get), and most took all cards).

More interestingly, massive queues apparently early at in local booths. A sign everyone wants to vote early and get it done. May be a sign of a motivated electorate, or an electorate all going shopping in the PM. Quite different to experience in previous elections though.

Big thanks to the Libs at our booth though, they were good value, and made the time out in the sun enjoyable (the Greens on the other hand need to learn they can socialize with us without betraying Bob Brown).

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
U2Tigers said:
Who does Rudd follow.

If its Pies, Blues or Bombers I am so much voting for the Coalition. :hihi

He is a banana bender, so I am assuming Lions (no confirm though)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Me and Liverpool will be at the Melbourne Victory game.. I'll have one ear glued to a radio though.

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
Me and Liverpool will be at the Melbourne Victory game.. I'll have one ear glued to a radio though.

Cheer those suckers on you two. The Victory need a win tonight more than the ALP do.

GO THE VICTORY!!!!

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
hi guys and welcome to Don's party. my beer of choice is coopers pale and for dinner i am bbquing some beef satays which will be served on basmati rice with some tossed salad. got a nice taylors cab sav to wash it all down!

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
crikey, soulman, if i had known u were coming i would have made some of those vegie samosas u like!

cooltiger

Tiger Superstar
Sep 4, 2003
Six Pack said:
crikey, soulman, if i had known u were coming i would have made some of those vegie samosas u like!
Yummy :)..should be an interesting night guys

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
16 seats somehow look quite big to achieve, but Howard's reputation has deteriorated badly in recent times so it looks like a close game tonight.