The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Good bet. I just can’t find it as an option on Sportsbet at the moment or I would invest.
here they are , but which option ?

a) Personal health issues $1.45
b) Spend more time with family $2.15
c) sharing a cell with Bomber T $3.90
d) accepts a job at AFL House $5.50
e) will be coaching Cats in 2023 $21.50

Reactions: 1 user

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
"I can't wait to hear Steve Hocking's new club song. He's such an innovator".
I'll have a crack

We are Geelong
The oldest list of all
We are Geelong
Not destined for a fall

With _Chris Scott, in charge Of aged and care
Write us off if you dare

We've no plans to
Re-embark
On Noah's Ark
Washed up at Kardinia Park.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pricky just wants to keep making finals cos it looks great on his CV for the next club he goes to.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Pricky just wants to keep making finals cos it looks great on his CV for the next club he goes to.
To the next Club that wants to win games during the season …… (before the finals)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pricky gonna bury the Cats for 5-10 years the way he's bleeding that list.

They mustnt have many top grade juniors cos if they did we would surely be seeing them.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
They have 18 guys that are over 28.
Come December that will become 19 (Bews).
Never seen so many old blokes on a list.

Someone mentioned Salty was barely shown on screen during their smashing by Melbourne.
Last week he was combing his hair with the phone.
(reminded me all those years ago Bomber in the box having his lunch during the game like he was a spectator without a care in the world).
This time around he was no where.
Salty? Anyone see Salty?
Who cares how good your H & A record is, when you fail in Finals.
When it counts.
When they hand Silverware out.
Welcome to Year 10 Salty.
That's 10 Years, without.

Really desperate move to keep topping up with hacks or half hacks and continually come up short.
And their picks are older than their list.
30, 32 and 34.
They've basically botched it completely.
They put their Poker chips into the centre of the table blown the lot and walked out shirtless.

But he's a good coach!

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
After the Cats' disastrous 2021 finals campaign I was a bit worried about them Then I heard that Steve Hocking was going to take the reins and now I can sleep easy knowing that the are doomed.

Oh. I know what Steve will do. He'll introduce VAR and flashing signs that never cut anybody.

Hang on. Has Steve taken on the role only on condition that he get to write the theme song? Is Steve the Dennis Waterman of football managers?

I can't wait to hear Steve Hocking's new club song. He's such an innovator.
He’s gonna be real innovative and copy Pordadelaide by hijacking a popular song for their supporters to sing and wave their scarves around down at MDMA Oval

Wake Me Up When September Ends

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If they are "going again" they'll go after Hartlett & Zaharakis. these are the types they have been going after in recent yrs.

Another thing, remember after each draft we hear the media saying "Wells has done it again"? Well where are all these kids, they refuse to play them.....

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
They have 18 guys that are over 28.
Come December that will become 19 (Bews).
Never seen so many old blokes on a list.

Someone mentioned Salty was barely shown on screen during their smashing by Melbourne.
Last week he was combing his hair with the phone.
(reminded me all those years ago Bomber in the box having his lunch during the game like he was a spectator without a care in the world).
This time around he was no where.
Salty? Anyone see Salty?
Who cares how good your H & A record is, when you fail in Finals.
When it counts.
When they hand Silverware out.
Welcome to Year 10 Salty.
That's 10 Years, without.

Really desperate move to keep topping up with hacks or half hacks and continually come up short.
And their picks are older than their list.
30, 32 and 34.
They've basically botched it completely.
They put their Poker chips into the centre of the table blown the lot and walked out shirtless.

But he's a good coach!
they should erect a statue for Salty at Kardinia

after all they will want to remember his legacy for a long time :)

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
To the next Club that wants to win games during the season …… (before the finals)
ahh Gold Coast , Norf , Carlton ... would llllooovvveee a few seasons in a row of winning more H&A games than they lose

they'd give their right arm .... hang on Scotty might say nah dont be that drastic, just give up the kids and we'll trade them back in their late 20's early 30's

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think they go again. Hawkins and Cameron, plus a very solid midfield core and defense. Regardless of age they are a very capable team.
And the draft picks for the next couple of years aren't going to help.
A pick in the 30s isn't going to replace Selwood or even a Guthrie or Duncan.
We know that feeling.

So they go again.
Out the door this year will be Henderson and Jenkins. No impact.
And no topups. No smith or Cameron type improvements.
And the core are older.

Its a quicksand

Ps it's not team average age but core age that's the marker.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
I think they go again. Hawkins and Cameron, plus a very solid midfield core and defense. Regardless of age they are a very capable team.
And the draft picks for the next couple of years aren't going to help.
A pick in the 30s isn't going to replace Selwood or even a Guthrie or Duncan.
We know that feeling.

So they go again.
Out the door this year will be Henderson and Jenkins. No impact.
And no topups. No smith or Cameron type improvements.
And the core are older.

Its a quicksand

Ps it's not team average age but core age that's the marker.
Hard to see they have any alternative TD. Quite probably half the problem is that the younger guys on the list are not as good as the pensioners that are playing in the seniors and getting them to a challenging position. They gave a lot to get Cameron and Higgins punting it would get them over the line. If it had - they could enjoy the flag, tell everyone they were right all along and then rebuild. The gamble failed and they won’t get better next year. They can’t get better as they are now in a spiral of diminishing returns.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Hard to see they have any alternative TD. Quite probably half the problem is that the younger guys on the list are not as good as the pensioners that are playing in the seniors and getting them to a challenging position. They gave a lot to get Cameron and Higgins punting it would get them over the line. If it had - they could enjoy the flag, tell everyone they were right all along and then rebuild. The gamble failed and they won’t get better next year. They can’t get better as they are now in a spiral of diminishing returns.
And the older players have no draft currency so they cannot bring in any more picks, unlike GWS or even us who are losing talent because the depth of our list (mostly kids).