The Good, The Bad and the Ugly | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Don't know how many read Rhett Bartlett's website 'rhettrospective' but it now features a new contributor. He/she was agreeable to me posting his/her first article as long as, he/she insisted, I made it clear he/she is not to be confused with the Crouching Tiger who already posts on PRE. For what it's worth, here it is:

WEB PAGE UPDATE- NEW COLUMNIST!

Phase 1 in the revamping of the webpage. The introduction of a new weekly columnist: ' Çrouching Tiger' - a mad Richmond fan, who has been following the club through thick and thin!. Check out his thoughts below:

THE GOOD, THE BAD , THE UGLY OF ROUND 21 by 'Crouching Tiger'

Good

* The Richmond cheer squad - with only 24hrs notice, turned out one of the best banners in years. A great tribute to a great man. Congratulations!

* Ty Zantuck and Adam Houlihan - 10 goals between them in a great performance. Whilst Ty will be around for a few more years, will Adam's 5 goal haul ensure his future?

* Aaron Fiora - Great late season form from the much hyped about SA youngster. All Tiger fans are hoping with a few more kilos on his skinny frame, Aaron can be one of the players to help the tigers become a force.
Has the ability, lacks the application.

* Team spirit - Something we haven't seen in some weeks. Pity only 15,000 people saw it.

Bad

* Danny Frawley - Although some have blind faith in "Spud", I along with many tigers fans are growing tired of Danny's poor style of play, his constant playing our guys who are over the hill or others who are clearly
not up to AFL standard. This is the time of year to give the young guys a go, give them some experience in the heat of AFL and prepare them for 2004.

* Matthew Rogers / Duncan Kellaway / Leon Cameron - Have been great servants of Richmond, but the game has gone past them. An honourable retirement would be the preferred scenario rather than a year of anonymity at Coburg

* Skills - The basic execution of kicking and handballing still seems to cause many a Richmond footballer problems, even in the perfect football environment of Telstra Dome. Something that a string of coaches have been unable to fix.

Ugly

* Richo's kicking for goal - 2 goals, 3 behinds. Doesn't get many opportunities, wastes them when he gets them.

* The crowd - 15,000. Although the weather was shocking for the trip into the ground, this poor turnout speaks volumes for the level of disenchantment of Tigers fans after another wasted year. Clinton Casey, Ian Campbell and Greg Miller, please take note - The Black and Yellow Army has spoken with their feet.

* Start of the last quarter - Don't know what Danny said to them, but when the game was up for grabs, the entire team went into its shell. After 5 minutes, the game was out of reach of the Tigers.

* Kick ins - Why must every kick in be towards a player camped on the boundary line? What is wrong with the old method of kicking long to a tall target with 2 or 3 crumbers at his feet? For a former defender, Danny seems to struggle to develop a decent kick in strategy.