Matty Richardson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matty Richardson

Is next week Richos last game for the Yellow and Black.

• Yes

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
After watching todays game and then being told that Matty could be off loaded at the end of the year.
I wonder if Matty Richardson knows he wont be there next year.
He just didnt look really interested today and probably for the past 6 weeks.
Captain Campbell has already added fuel to this by his comments a fortnight ago.
Its going to be a interesting time in the next few months for one NO 12.
What do you think ?

Did anyone hear Greg Miller's reply when questioned about Richo in his pre game interview on 3LO?

I can't remember what he said, but I recall thinking he's not exactly going in to bat for Richo. Maybe he was just sick of the constant questioning, I don't know.

Shouldnt continue a rumour although one promindent footy reporter has said that it will be Richos last game next week.
This is not crap or fabricated in anyway.
His initials could be MS.

I never believe anything that comes out of the mouth of any commentator with the initials ms, they allways seem to have it in for richo/richmond anyway

how can u even say that??? richo stood up for us for the whole season. of course he should continue next season. and here is a tip DONT BELIEVE ALL RUMOURS!

I just asked a friend if they heard the Miller interview about Richo. He was the same as me, couldn't remember specifics but he got the feeling Richo would be considered as a trade bait possibility.

Hopefully someone here heard it and can be more specific.

I know Miller certainly pumped up Spuds tyres more that he did Richo's.

Greg did comment on inconsistancy as one area that Richo knows he needs to work on.

I'd hate to see richo go but its fairly sad to see him picking up cheap possesions up the field, not generating much drive for the team and, 30 goals
(i think?) for the year is not a good return for any key forward. The jury is still in deliberations.

give richo a break he had a tough season with the pressure on the tigers making the finals and all of that. just wait and see next season when he will be flying and kicking goals like richo of old. CARN THE TIGERS!

I cant believe we still ask this question.

The idea of trading Richardson originally from Tony Shaw. A person who knows nothing about football. Look at what he did at Collingwood.

Why would be want to trade a superstar ?

If Richardson was to be traded, I would stop going to the footy.

jackstar said:
Shouldnt continue a rumour although one promindent footy reporter has said that it will be Richos last game next week.
This is not crap or fabricated in anyway.
His initials could be MS.

Jackstar your credibility has taken a beating this w/e already. ;) ;D You promised the hordes Dragga was a certainty, instead you deliver us Rogers.

As for MS he has about as much credibility as Donald Duck.

although richo is forest gump the II, we have atleast 6 players before him to get rid off. unfortunately we cant get rid of them all at once ...........

The club will never have the balls to get rid of (marketing) tool Richo. If we were to get rid of him we'd have 15,000 members next year.

How did he go today? He kicked two goals which is pretty good for him, but from what I saw he didn't have any bearing on the game.

Its time for this ageing non achiever to be traded for the good of the club.
God help us if he is the marketing tool to draw crowds to the club, after todays woeful effort. (crowd)
You clowns will be still lauding Richo when he is 35, hoping he will lead us to the promised land!
The only promised land, is the land of wooden spoons if we persist with his type!

It's so stupid how some on here love to use Richo as the scapegoat for our short comings.

Richardson is not the problem at all. He is still a very dangerous, matchwinner and THE best athletic big man in the game. Opposition coaches would love not to see Richo play as they know how damaging he is and how hard it is to stop him. The COACH and our f$%$^$ up style of play is to blame for the crap that we see week in, week out. Get Wallace or any other decent coach, and you would see them and the team use Richo properly, and he could easily kick 100 goals with the right coach, game plan and proper delivery into the forward line.

It's too easy to blame Richo. Look what's really going on fools.

He's not the complete player, is limited in some ways, but geez he has some attributes that no other big or small man has.

You're a champ Richo. Eat 'em alive.

Scaary to think what he might do under a professional coach mikee.

I am telling you what i am told.
Its obvisous the decision makers at Richmond are looking for options.
As for Dragga playing as mentioned in an earlier post, we all seen how injured Leon was yesterday, thats not my fault, he shouldnt have played.

I never know what to think about Richo and his output versus potential. If the Bulldogs were to put up say Murphy, Brown, Giansirracusa and priority draft pick the club would have to consider it. I doubt he'll go but never say never except when talking about Frawley's chances of ever being a half decent coach.

Poor old Mad Cow. All this trade talk and continual losing.....no wonder yesterday that he looked more like a Sad Cow. At one stage he was wandering around all by himself in the backline like he had been separated from all the other cows and put into his own paddock.

Poor Sad Cow. He tries his heart out for RFC with his first effort, but at 28/29 he's beginning to slow down and is getting caught with the footy a lot. His kicking is just deplorable and will never get any better. Then there are his second efforts - or lack of.

If trading Mad Cow gets us a first round draft pick that we can use to develop a harder more skilful on-ball brigade, then so be it. Move him on. However I would not be so quick to trade him for the likes of Brown and Murphy who, whilst not un-talented are most definitely not the TYPE of player we need.

Poor Mad Cow.