The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Even if we win our last 3 games it looks like our poor percentage will ensure WC and Brisbane finish 1 and 2 meaning the QF will be interstate and if we lose the PF will most likely be interstate. The cats falling apart have done us no favours.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Even if we win our last 3 games it looks like our poor percentage will ensure WC and Brisbane finish 1 and 2 meaning the QF will be interstate and if we lose the PF will most likely be interstate. The cats falling apart have done us no favours.
I think the Cats still finish top

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
starting to get a bit worried. its sorta all or nothing for us right now. win all 3 and finish top 4 or drop one and we miss out. West Coast's record in Melbourne is starting to worry me.

I think the Cats still finish top

If we win all 3 and the cats win the 2 games at the cattery, they will still hold onto top.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I don't want to see Baker and Short anywhere near WCE's zippy smalls. Against Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli and Baby Cameron? No way.

Stack has the best attributes to handle these and, if he comes on as expected, Pickett has the vertical leap and half-back experience to go with them too.

While we're at it, KMac's not going to cut it against these guys in defence, which is where they have him in VFL at the moment.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Those few beltings before the bye and inability to put the foot on the throat of Gold Coast, Collingwood and Melbourne to name three could be costly in the end. Percentage is a real factor now.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I am looking forward to finishing 4th, playing the Cats for THEIR home final at our beloved MCG. Bring on the Chris Scott antics!!

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
We are that one win short. We will need to win all three for the double chance which would make it nine in a row. It's very hard to stay up for that long. Its a shame GWS and Collingwood have such soft draws in the run home. Sydney really should have beaten the Giants.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Nah - currently a game clear in the top 4, last 3 games at the G against quality opponents, we are building form (not dropping off like last year), players returning from injury so we at near full squad, VFL smashing it which keeps the pressure on players to perform, players like George / Rioli / Graham etc all playing well at last, don’t underestimate the hurt of losing last year PF will have as motivation - top 4 place is in our hands.

Don’t care who we play, or where we play, if we are good enough we will win and I now go into every game with a nervous confidence - gotta love it.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Fear is WC and Brisbane finish 1 and 2

Wouldn't want to go to Perth but if we can wrangle a game at the Gabba, all won't be lost. The Lions don't worry me after seeing them live yesterday. They will struggle under finals pressure IMO

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Our form in the dry is starting to worry me. Past couple of weeks we've relied on the rain to put teams away.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
I'm backing Geelong to beat Brisbane, and don't think Collingwood will win all remaining games, but GWS will. That leaves R23 to be a playoff for 4th.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our form in the dry is starting to worry me. Past couple of weeks we've relied on the rain to put teams away.

We are like Makybe Diva. We preform on all surfaces,
Port was a dry day, and we slapped the crap out them,
Not sure the Gabba, Optus & the MCG has a roof.
It does rain in other states too.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I don't want to see Baker and Short anywhere near WCE's zippy smalls. Against Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli and Baby Cameron? No way.

Stack has the best attributes to handle these and, if he comes on as expected, Pickett has the vertical leap and half-back experience to go with them too.

While we're at it, KMac's not going to cut it against these guys in defence, which is where they have him in VFL at the moment.
Yeah, not sure the point of KMac playing back. He is a wing and nothing else.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's comforting to know the other finals contenders are all hoping they don't meet us before the big one.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Those few beltings before the bye and inability to put the foot on the throat of Gold Coast, Collingwood and Melbourne to name three could be costly in the end. Percentage is a real factor now.

Percentage is nearly always a factor IMHO. Last year it wasn't for us as we were 2 games clear on top; ironically our percentage was far better than everyone else when it wasn't a factor for us. This year we are buried deep in the top 6 with the worst percentage of any of those teams.

You are spot on in what you say. Our average losing margin this year is close to 8 goals. Our average winning margin is just under 6 goals. Even if we win every game it is still very likely we won't get a home final in week one and may have to play interstate; that will all be down to percentage.

As well as we have done this year that is part of our game that we can improve. Stem the bleeding in losses and really monster opponents in our wins.

Last edited: