The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So now I'm somewhat suitably impressed. Had a yap with my supervisor about what his involvement was with this band, Aldern. Turns out it's all bloody him on his lonesome. Wrote the music, wrote the lyrics, done the artwork, sung the lyrics n played the muzak as well. obviously way to tech for this old luddite, but he played n recorded the music on keyboard ( piano ) then digitized it and turns the digitized stuff into the full range of instruments, drums n guitars n whatnot somehow. All from a bloke who looks n comes across as a mild n quiet inner suburban hipster the bloody sneaky little metal head.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Just watched a great doco about Buddy Guy on NITV. Just love that man's music, must spin a few records of his soon. Check it out, likely on SBS on demand.

Last week I watched a doco which must have been NITV too, about Roberta Flack which was also great. She has a voice to die for.

Seems they are playing a pile of music docos at the moment, Monday Aretha, and I'll have to look up what else they have. So good.

DS
Saw Buddy Guy at the Old Greek Theatre on Bridge Rd around 90-91. He ended up walking through the crowd with his guitar
and playing outside on Bridge Rd.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Saw Buddy Guy at the Old Greek Theatre on Bridge Rd around 90-91. He ended up walking through the crowd with his guitar
and playing outside on Bridge Rd.

I'm trying to remember if I ever saw Buddy Guy (seem to remember seeing him), that sounds familiar, I think I was there too. Can't think of any other place or tour I could have seen him.

DS

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Late 90’s I went to see Steve Earle at the Central Club, Richmond, and if memory serves me he invited Buddy Guy to join him on stage.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users