The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Need some new Music to listen to. What have people been listening to that they like lately? :

A couple of tracks to get things started from Gang of Youths & Queen of the Stoneage to get things started...

[youtube=560,315]
[youtube=560,315]

Share away...

Last edited:

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Here you go. Local boy, well Torquay

[youtube=560,315]https://youtu.be/X7vgEphCVzs/youtube]

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched the 'Jimmy Barnes: Working class boy' doco. Sad but great story from Jimmy includes a touching scene with his son David on the stage.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Just watched the 'Jimmy Barnes: Working class boy' doco. Sad but great story from Jimmy includes a touching scene with his son David on the stage.

Agree TF, I really enjoyed it. You just don't know what other people are dealing with.

As Molly Meldrum says "do yourself a favour" & watch it.

The music in it is great too.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TT33 said:
Agree TF, I really enjoyed it. You just don't know what other people are dealing with.

As Molly Meldrum says "do yourself a favour" & watch it.

The music in it is great too.

Yep. I always wondered why his bro Swannee had a different surname. A bit of a shame he didn't speak in the doco too.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This thread's been quiet a long time n I was sort of shuffling around looking for somewhere that might fit.

Was doin the bored channel surf this morning n Dan Sultan was picking the tracks on Rage, he laid up Native Tongue by Mojo Juju. Being an old fart, fairly locked into my musical taste n totally disinterested in the pap that's served up by commercial music these days, I was fairly WTF for the first couple of seconds of the clip. Just spent the last hour or so doing the you tube discovery tour of Mojo. Raw, smokin n powerful, I'm bloody hooked.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Giving Rammsteins new album a run great band to listen to when doing some weiight training at home or in the gym

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Been checking out Corey Taylor of Slipknot/ stone sours acoustic / covers stuff ,brilliant, shows great respect to the original artists , covers everyone from Prince to the eagles. Johnny Cash to live

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Been checking out Corey Taylor of Slipknot/ stone sours acoustic / covers stuff ,brilliant, shows great respect to the original artists , covers everyone from Prince to the eagles. Johnny Cash to live
is there an album of those covers CC?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
jb03 said:
is there an album of those covers CC?
Not that I know of jb, I just watch his stuff on YouTube , Corey Taylor acoustic I type and there’s heaps, there’s a couple of full gigs on there somewhere

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Mystic Tip Rats. Genre-crossing hip-hop, funk, groove, acoustic, rock lads from the Mornington Peninsula. Digging it.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Giving Rammsteins new album a run great band to listen to when doing some weiight training at home or in the gym
Rammers still alive huh. Guess I've got my early morning RDO music search sorted for tomorrow.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Did a you tube last night looking for some of Rammers new album, found a two hour live Berlin 2019 concert instead. Geez they still bloody hammer, pyrotechnics n lighting full on.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
got a link for an old headbanger !!
About the only thing I know how to link would be a daisy chain taz, might even struggle to manage that.
Daughter's got a you tube link tagged onto the comp, just went into you tube searched Rammstein n there it was about four or five tracks / clips down the list Live in Berlin full concert, two hours of full on Rammers. Pity they've only been touring Europe n U.K.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Rammstein are kick arse.

Ive learned a fair bit of basic German over the years listening to them and reading english lyric translations.

One of my go to Bands when hitting the weights.

Just a great show real performers, typical German preparation and precision................and outrageousness