The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sufjan Stevens is one of the great geniuses of any age IMO.

From 2010 and on his preoccupation was with youthful grief. Prescient. Anthems FROM doomed youth, a hundred years on.

I'm comparing Wilfred Owen with Sufjan Stevens because I think Stevens is that important.

Try this -

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
OMG. I just tipped you into someone who is on the radio.

Why is he on the radio with his youthful grief?

Can't we confine that to the supermarkets?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think it's time. Especially given Covid has removed live performance as a revenue stream. Listeners should be paying more for music to support artists right now. It's an industry that's been hit harder than most during this pandemic.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
You want to know how good Prince was on guitar.........

That was eye opening for me when I first saw it. I thought he was just an average pop star but the man had some serious musical talent.

Mind you I reckon the rest of the band were ready for his solo to end a lot sooner than it did!

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I heard he was hopeless on the recorder due to his massive over bite. To be fair, the most difficult instrument of them all.

1620206238075.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
He used to play unannounced gigs after many of his concerts. Friend of mine was involved with his tour in 2012 and tipped me off to be at Bennetts Lane after the show.
Rolled up at 3am and played until 6ish. Played mostly jazz standards.

Wasn't really a fan until i saw the first unannounced gig at The Palace in 1992. I had seen Nirvana at the same venue a couple of months earlier so was not really a gig
i would normally go to.

Stood 10 metres from him and was completely mesmerized. Having his dancers, Peaches and Cream, next to him also probably played a part.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
recently stumbled across Alestorm.

If you are into Scottish , pirate themed heavy metal, this is the band.

Lots of laughs, lots of swearing, lots of alcohol references, some HM screaming, very tight musically & jolly good fun my hearties

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Lots of laughs, lots of swearing, lots of alcohol references, some HM screaming, very tight musically & jolly good fun my hearties

“We are here ...to drink your beer...”

I like it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

I've always found there are too many artists in the "scottish, pirate themed heavy metal" genre.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, can't say I am a big fan of country. Mind you, my partner can actually distinguish between country and western!

Watching the borefest that is Carlton v Collingwood this arvo with the sound down and listening to some music:

Fred McDowall: I do not play no rock and roll.
Various: The History of the Motown Sound Vol3
Ray La Montagne: Till the Sun turns Black.

DS