The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Geesus... remember the tune as soon as I heard it.... but don't reckon I've ever seen that clip... which has it's own bit of history according to the attached I've lifted from Wikipedia

In 1980 the band obtained gold record status in Australia for their hit single “Life at the Outpost”. The video for "Life at the Outpost" was generated by their distributing record company in Australia (Polygram/Mercury), and is regarded as a misrepresentation of the band. No members of the Skatt Bros. appeared in the video. The Skatt Bros. were real musicians who wrote the songs, played the instruments, performed the vocals and co-produced their recordings.
by 2.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm no Keith Urban fan but he smashes this Bee Gees cover of 'To Love Somebody' out of the park at the Bee Gees tribute concert a few years back. Such a great rendition.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Geesus... remember the tune as soon as I heard it.... but don't reckon I've ever seen that clip... which has it's own bit of history according to the attached I've lifted from Wikipedia

In 1980 the band obtained gold record status in Australia for their hit single “Life at the Outpost”. The video for "Life at the Outpost" was generated by their distributing record company in Australia (Polygram/Mercury), and is regarded as a misrepresentation of the band. No members of the Skatt Bros. appeared in the video. The Skatt Bros. were real musicians who wrote the songs, played the instruments, performed the vocals and co-produced their recordings.

I can't understand why they didn't like being represented as a gay tribute band to the Cowboy in the Village People

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I can't understand why they didn't like being represented as a gay tribute band to the Cowboy in the Village People
You should see their clip from their other song Walk The Night, it’s from Al Pacinos Cruising.

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not sure if this has been posted before but I really love The Models I Hear Motion from around that time, the James Freud clip reminded me of it.

I always liked Grace Jones song Walking in the Rain... Only found it recently the original was by the Australian band Flash and the Pan (ex Easybeats Harry Vanda and George Young, older brother of Angus)

Grace Jones version

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not sure if this has been posted before but I really love The Models I Hear Motion from around that time, the James Freud clip reminded me of it.

I always liked Grace Jones song Walking in the Rain... Only found it recently the original was by the Australian band Flash and the Pan (ex Easybeats Harry Vanda and George Young, older brother of Angus)

Grace Jones version

I like the Models song too Ant. Used to be a bit frustrating seeing Sean and James sharing the vocals spot.

My favourite Grace Jones is still Slave to the Rhythm.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004

Grace Jones version

I think Graces is better.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The Boss & Eddie Vedder covering ACDC's Highway to Hell on tour in Australia back in 2014.
What's not to love?

Tom Morello on guitar too. They covered Dont Change at that show and Bruce played the entire Born In the Usa album.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Some fabulous guitarists demo their own styles.
Tom Morello really gets into it.
Brad Paisley really has dancing fingers.
I watch this multiple times and just in awe of the talent.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
The Stones have cut Brown Sugar from their playlist as it’s been deemed racist.