The New Era | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The New Era

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What a dreadful season. We came into this season with mixed messages.
'We have had a great preseason, the players are well rested and look rejuvenated.
What a load of shittt.
We looked tired and lethargic going into the season.
The Einstein that got bullied by the media to replace Cotchin. What a weak football club. That decision sits alongside the Day we sackee Tony Jewell in 1981.
Did Collingwood replace Penderbury?
The manic pressure game has gone.
The camouflaging of unskilled footballers is no more, if you can't kick you can't play. Flappers after he laughed when he missed that snap a 12 year old would kick shouldn't be playing next week.
If I hear Short is our best kick I knock them out. Rioli is our best kick.
Nakas and Grimes as captain has set us back, both are out of form.
Grimes is playing like Brian Leys and Nakas is just a liability.
Zips 2022 Shopping list.
Offer up Short & Graham Trade
Offer no more then 550 for Baker.
Offer Bolton & Rioli 700k.
Let Flappers, Edwards, Martyn, Aarts, George, Broad go. Keep Riewodlt on 300k or he can go
Chase a tap ruckman
2 midfielders Tarranto or Hopper or Omeara or even Crouch to help Prestia.
Dusty will decide, to stay or go.
If he decides to leave, i want no Draft picks, I want a ready made replacement. I just want Logan McDonald and Sydney can pay him up his entire salary.
And draft ball winning midfielders not outside, not developing types, kids that have a history of winning there own ball.
Bring in a real developing type coach for the kids, Morris isn't it.
McQualter & Clarke need to be replaced.
Teague can be dumped back at Princess Park. What a disgraceful decision bringing him to the club. Who's next Noble?
Next year has to be our next 2017.
New faces, new excitement and new era.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Good rant Zips but what happened to the shopping list ?
To me there are 2 key priorities
1. Ball winning inside mid x 2. Do what we need to do to get Taranto ( not Green or Hopper imo) and aim for a cheaper option as well. Even a more mature player who can play for a few years and then draft mids
2. Key forwards x 2 . The loss of Chol and CCJ hurt us because it left us so exposed. Our vfl team has no tall targets either now that Ryan plays predominately ruck. McStay isn’t coming to us and will be overpriced anyway but is there another one around ? Has to be a priority at the draft . It also allows us to play Gibcus and Balta back where they belong. The experiment with them forward was because we had no other options.

Good rant Zips but what happened to the shopping list ?
To me there are 2 key priorities
1. Ball winning inside mid x 2. Do what we need to do to get Taranto ( not Green or Hopper imo) and aim for a cheaper option as well. Even a more mature player who can play for a few years and then draft mids
2. Key forwards x 2 . The loss of Chol and CCJ hurt us because it left us so exposed. Our vfl team has no tall targets either now that Ryan plays predominately ruck. McStay isn’t coming to us and will be overpriced anyway but is there another one around ? Has to be a priority at the draft . It also allows us to play Gibcus and Balta back where they belong. The experiment with them forward was because we had no other options.
We need a truck load of mids to come in
2 the minimum
I agree we need a Caddy/Milocheck type.
If Dusty leaves straight swap for Logan McDonald or Heeney.