The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

taztiger4 said:
Vale former RFC ressies player Chris Curran
I knew him in 91 when he was in the under 19s, very nice young man. Sorry to hear this.

taztiger4 said:
Vale former RFC ressies player Chris Curran

RIP Chris.

My son played junior footy with him, he was a terrific young player & a very nice young man.
I'm really sad to hear of his passing.

It just goes to show that we have a tenuous hold on this life & we should make the most of it while we're here.

Tony Joe White.

Polk Salad Annie one of my favourites. Saw him play in Deniliquin a few years back. He sat in a comfy lounge chair and tore it up. Coolest guy there by a long stretch.

TigerForce said:
Heard it last night on SEN. Sad to hear this at only 32 yo. RIP Colin.

Sad news.

In concert with the death of former Tiger and Magpie Chris Curran a few weeks ago also i believe in a vehicle accident.

RIP both boys.

I wonder when the Scots will stand up to the awfully racist portrayal of Grounskeeper Willie?

Or mainstream white American male to the portrayal of them being fat, lazy beer drinking slobs?

The Simpson's producers should have told everyone to get stuffed and kept doing what they are doing.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Victim of the US culture war. Ironic given The Simpsons' liberal leanings.
That is a good point in the context of how the culture wars are reshaping the left-right spectrum, (or liberal-conservative spectrum).

More widely, even an atheist philosopher like Richard Dawkins - once the darling of the liberal-left (and obviously hated by Christian-conservatives) - is now equally despised by large elements of the liberal-left as he is by the Christian-right. The reason being, that he is essentially an enemy of irrational, illogical thought. And he now likens many of the irrational behaviours and tendencies of the modern liberal-left movement as having eerie similarities to dogmatic, desert dwelling religious zealots of 500 years ago.

RIP Sisto Malaspina - owner of Pellegrini’s and a ripping bloke. Cut to pieces offering assistance to a madman. Melbourne is now that little bit worse off. Heartfelt condolences to his family and other loyal customers.

FitenFitenWin said:
RIP Sisto Malaspina - owner of Pellegrini’s and a ripping bloke. Cut to pieces offering assistance to a madman. Melbourne is now that little bit worse off. Heartfelt condolences to his family and other loyal customers.

Just makes me angry when these things happen.

RIP to the great man. A definite Melbourne icon for decades.