The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The older generation here might remember former Richmond GM Richard “Dick” Doggett from the late 70s early 80s, passed away.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The older generation here might remember former Richmond GM Richard “Dick” Doggett from the late 70s early 80s, passed away.

Got a letter from him somewhere, hand signed, in response to Mum writing an angry letter to the club about GF tickets selling out early when she was fourth in the queue.

Reactions: 1 user

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Ha ha that’s a great sledge :mhihi

Almost as good as the one that Kiwi player (can’t remember his name) gave Mark Waugh after Waugh had told him he was a *smile* batsman or words to that effect.

“Yeah but at least I’m the best batsman in my family!”:rotfl2

Not a Kiwi. A pom, Jimmy Ormond in 2001.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015

Vale Richard Doggett... some great memories (& some not so good) in the attached interview with Rhett Bartlett.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I just found out to late that this tiger bloke lived in my neighbourhood

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
RIP EVH. creative monster. influenced a bunch of em. always with a smile.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah very sad news about Eddie. Van Halen one of my favourite bands.

RIP Eddie. Say hi to Malcolm Young for us.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I guess that’s the end of any possible version/reformation of VH. Unless Eddies son....

I wonder if DLR or SH play VH songs in their solo shows. Don’t think anyone cares if Gary Cherone does.

Anyway, thanks for those classics.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I guess that’s the end of any possible version/reformation of VH. Unless Eddies son....

I wonder if DLR or SH play VH songs in their solo shows. Don’t think anyone cares if Gary Cherone does.

Anyway, thanks for those classics.
Gary Cherone :mhihi That was tragic.

Eddie's son (Wolfgang!) was already playing bass in the band. Maybe Michael Anthony can come back and Wolfie can switch to lead.

I saw SH solo once at the Coogee Bay hotel in Sydney; 1998! He did do some VH songs. Great show.