The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Ned Beatty. 83 yo. Made some really good films especially Deliverance.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Just watched the quick interview with Mitch and Sam on 7 news. All the best to Sam after losing his wife. First time I've seen him so emotional. After living in Brighton and now Docklands, I wonder where he moves out to next.
Back in his footy days or just after rumour was he lived down the hill from Essex heights ground opposite Riversdale Golf Course. Somehow I don't think he will make his way back to MT Waverley.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Interesting listening to Gerard Healy speak about Edelsten.... said he believed he only stumped up around 5% of the coin to bankroll the Swans..
Reckons a couple of brothers from the west named Grimaldi were the real money men. I don’t recall them ever being mentioned at the time, but then again, shifty stuff is the cultural foundation of todays head office!
He certainly borrowed plenty to set up his medical empire. He had associates in Melbourne we lent to and docs then went up to good Doctor to guarantee. But he seemed to do well from his clinics.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
McAfee was a bit of a *smile* (and perhaps even worse that that) but he lived an adventurous life.

And the Wired.com piece from 2012 is amazing. Worth looking up if you care.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Remember him best from Simon Townsend's Wonderworld as a kid.
Sad to hear especially when you remember you were both at a young age.....40 years ago now...geez.

I thought he was only 5 years older than me at 54. Big memories of that show after school Oldie.

Reactions: 1 users