The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Pretty sure Yardley was Cricketer Of The Year one season. Maybe the summer John Dyson took that famous outfield catch off his bowling.

I feel old.

R.I.P.

Sad to hear. I always thought he and Lairdy were twins.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Garry Sidebottom, ex St Kilda, Geelong and Fitzroy. Aged just 64. Bloody cancer.

Only played 7 games at Geelong in 81 but will always be known for missing that bus.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just heard Geoff Harvey passed away. Great musician and funny bloke during the variety show days (Don Lane, Mike Walsh, Ray Martin)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
TigerForce said:
Just heard Geoff Harvey passed away. Great musician and funny bloke during the variety show days (Don Lane, Mike Walsh, Ray Martin)

May he RIP, a very talented man.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Not technically dead but his political career is (thankfully) but bye-bye President Bouteflika. (Best name in international politics.)

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Vale Mike Williamson who has sadly passed away a legend football commentator RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRr_HSjF6Hg 1970 Grand Final Jezza Mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPrcg3-SS8 1966 Grand Final Last 4 Mins

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Mike Williamson was a voice of my childhood and youth.

It pains me as a tiger fan to say it but “Jesaulenko you beauty”

Thanks Mike for all those nights in front of the tv watching footy replay as a boy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sammy C said:
Vale Mike Williamson who has sadly passed away a legend football commentator RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRr_HSjF6Hg 1970 Grand Final Jezza Mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPrcg3-SS8 1966 Grand Final Last 4 Mins

RIP Mike. Great commentator through the 60s & 70s. As a kid, I also remember him hosting a funny 70s variety show with Mary (?) which started just after the footy on Ch 7 every Saturday night.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
TigerForce said:
RIP Mike. Great commentator through the 60s & 70s. As a kid, I also remember him hosting a funny 70s variety show with Mary (?) which started just after the footy on Ch 7 every Saturday night.
Mary Hardy. Daughter of the author Frank Hardy

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:

The Penhouse Club with Mary Hardy. I think she was a mad Tigers fan. A very funny but tragic lady. Suffered quite badly from depression iirc.

Her brother Frank Hardy wrote the novel "Power Without Glory" based on the story of Businessman John Wren & termed the name "Carringbush" for Collingwood the suburb & footy club.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TT33 said:
The Penhouse Club with Mary Hardy. I think she was a mad Tigers fan. A very funny but tragic lady. Suffered quite badly from depression iirc.

Her brother Frank Hardy wrote the novel "Power Without Glory" based on the story of Businessman John Wren & termed the name "Carringbush" for Collingwood the suburb & footy club.

The Penthouse Club that's it. I was a kid but she was very funny and always got on well with Mike. I read about her private life which is definitely sad. She lived in South Melbourne but was a mad Tigers fan. One scene I always remember on The Penthouse Club was her & Mike holding hands and running quickly to another room to do the Tattslotto draw.....live! I had to remind Dad every time as he was a mad Tatts player.