The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

OldTiger67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2016
RIP. John Wilson

Richmond player #599, U19s 1958 premiership team, played in the same team as Tommy.

A great gentleman, mentor to many, and a true Tiger.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
RIP Bill Collins. He was one of my gateways into good movies. He had kind of a staid persona but played a lot of genuinely great films.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
IanG said:
RIP Bill Collins. He was one of my gateways into good movies. He had kind of a staid persona but played a lot of genuinely great films.

Same here. Always liked his preview of films on Ch 10 (long time ago) and then Fox Classics.

Remembering his 'larger' frame from before to a meagre one nowadays, easily shows how a person's health declines. Sad to see this.

RIP Bill.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Have others heard the hilarious interview when 3AW called the wrong bill Collins to discuss a particular movie. Took several minutes for them to work out they were speaking to the race caller...

I too loved Bill’s movie reviews. Helped form my viewing preferences.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
2 old timers from the VFL 70s.

Kevin Higgins ex Geelong and Fitzroy and Peter Hamilton ex Melbourne (and Sandringham)

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
RIP Peter MacNamara - one half of the two Maccas, along with Paul MacNamee.

One of the greatest doubles teams of all time.

• Sad

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
RIP, one of our greatest tennis players.

Yeh, RIP supermac.

Good player but rarely in mix in grand slam singles so one of our greatest a bit of a stretch. A great in terms of sportsmanship going by the respect he has in tennis world though.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Yeh, RIP supermac.

Good player but rarely in mix in grand slam singles so one of our greatest a bit of a stretch. A great in terms of sportsmanship going by the respect he has in tennis world though.
A great doubles player - and a fine singles player. #7 is pretty solid as a singles ranking. Didn't quite have the serve to mix it with the elite players of that era.

So awful to go so young.

(He regularly used to make a mess of me in the juniors.)