The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
RIP Rutger Hauer, a great actor: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Margaret Fulton.

It’s a cliche to say it but her cookbook was in just about every home in the 70s. You can still find the odd one in op shops.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
RIP Rutger Hauer, a great actor: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
One of the best characters in one of the best movies of all time.
Scary AF in The Hitcher too.

RIP Rutger

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Margaret Fulton.

It’s a cliche to say it but her cookbook was in just about every home in the 70s. You can still find the odd one in op shops.
Yep. Pioneer of these cook shows nowadays.

Geez...even Rutger now. Everybody's leaving us.....

Bladerunner, The Hitcher and a lesser-known Nighthawks (with Stallone) were films I liked.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
One of the best characters in one of the best movies of all time.
Scary AF in The Hitcher too.

RIP Rutger

yeah, he kind of raised BR from being a confused schlock horror/sci fi thriller to something way more profound, and don't get me wrong, I love that movie. Remember him being a really good vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the original film). He did heaps of shoddy sci/fi C graders over the years but he always made his scenes powerful.

PS Roy Batty would be about 3 1/2 years old right now. Nearing end of lifespan.

ca9d57755c781bf10b6049632e8e81ea.jpg

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
RIP Rutger Hauer and Marg Fulton ........... geez.

Fulton an Icon of Australia with her books and such with Womens Weekly.

A pioneer in her field in Australia.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned here yet, but Hauer was great in Ladyhawke. He was also who Anne Rice had in mind when she wrote the character of Lestat. Partly why she was so horrified when Tom Cruise was cast.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
RIP Art Neville. Eldest of the Neville brothers of New Orleans. Leader of The Meters, one of the most under appreciated bands of the late ‘60’s/early ‘70s. Also one of the most sampled bands of all time.

• Sad

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
RIP Damien Lovelock!

Great front man of the Celibrate Rifles and top bloke! Would have loved to have had a beer with him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Robert Mugabe... could have been a legend for post colonial Africa but... what can you say...

From what I heard he wasn't too bad while his wife was alive, she died a couple of decades ago and he has been a complete horror since.

That said, the massacre years ago in Bulawayo was shocking, but the real idiocy was when there was all of that invading of land by supposed veterans of the war for democratic rule, a lot of these characters were too young to be part of the war in the 1970s. There was clearly a need to redistribute land, but then you do it violently and allocate the land to your mates then you are doing the same as the original dispossession.

Yep, Mugabe could have been good, but he turned out to be a dictator.

DS