The Sherrin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Sherrin

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I don't usually agree with Eddie McGuire but i do when it comes to the yellow sherrin.
Its like handly a cake of wet soap.
Not sure the sponsorship makes a difference, but the stretched yellow leather dosent give the players enough grip to grab it.
The red sherrin can be slippery too, but not as bad as the yellow sherrin.
Maybe what Eddie said needs to happen where the footy has a skin that doesn't instantly become slippery when water hits it.
Put Grib tape on the footy.

Reactions: 1 user
100% Yellow is more slippery than red.

100% they are much more slippery than even a few years ago.

They are also much, much harder on the ends to start with as well.

Why is this, what have they done to change the ball?

Must say, when you watch old games the ball seems less pointy at each end.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Why is this, what have they done to change the ball?

Must say, when you watch old games the ball seems less pointy at each end.

DS

They have ruin the Sheerin.
The old day sherrin was beautiful to touch and had a softish feel to it.
You could get a good grip on it.
The current yellow one feels too hard and is so slippery its a joke.

what about putting a different surface on the yellow sherrin? very small dimples? like a basketballs texture...
would it mess with the handling of it?

Maybe its as simple as using footys in games that have been ‘kicked in’ For training etc. as opposed to brand new ones.

We’re getting a bit precious these days though. People used to play footy in the mud and nobody complained.
Grounds have never been in better condition for footy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Maybe its as simple as using footys in games that have been ‘kicked it’ For training etc. as opposed to brand new ones.

We’re getting a bit precious these days though. People used to play footy in the mud and nobody complained.
Grounds have never been in better condition for footy.
Agree , I just can’t understand why people give so much respect to anything McGuire , Koch, Kenner and most of the journos say ... has me flabbergasted.

there’s plenty more great football people we should be listening too ,Mathews , Carey an caesar ;) are just a small sample.

seriously I think McGuire is deflecting from looking like the bully he is re the Port gurnsey