There's Only ONE Captain Blood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

There's Only ONE Captain Blood

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I almost choked on my weeties when I turned to the back page of The Age this morning. There before my eyes was a photo of Joel Selwood with blood streaming down his face (from last week's game against Lions) and the caption read, "Captain Blood".
What a load of nonsense. We all know that Jack is the one and only Captain Blood.

While I am at it, I couldn't believe the umpires didn't send Selwood off the ground a number of times during the game against Brisbane under the blood rule.
Then at the post-match interview he deliberately left the blood on his face so he could have everyone say, "Look at him. How tough is he? Must be a warrior."
If Selwood was a boxer, he would be TKO'd most rumbles due to his easily cut eyebrows.
Good player and all, I can't wait to see his bloodied face awash with tears when the Tigers are triumphant tonight.

Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There is a significant point of difference.

The blood on Selwood is his.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
who cares.
Selwood bleeds after sneezing.
After one good game after 18 shhhitt ones.
Big deal.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Poor Geelong . Can’t come up with their own hero names so they steal them from other clubs.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I almost choked on my weeties when I turned to the back page of The Age this morning. There before my eyes was a photo of Joel Selwood with blood streaming down his face (from last week's game against Lions) and the caption read, "Captain Blood".
What a load of nonsense. We all know that Jack is the one and only Captain Blood.

While I am at it, I couldn't believe the umpires didn't send Selwood off the ground a number of times during the game against Brisbane under the blood rule.
Then at the post-match interview he deliberately left the blood on his face so he could have everyone say, "Look at him. How tough is he? Must be a warrior."
If Selwood was a boxer, he would be TKO'd most rumbles due to his easily cut eyebrows.
Good player and all, I can't wait to see his bloodied face awash with tears when the Tigers are triumphant tonight.

SACRILEGE!!!!

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Selwood is a good player and a good Captain, it annoys me that he is always pumped up as the AFL's best Captain, he isn't a Premiership Captain like OUR Premiership Captain.

The Chimp/Champ is the best, and he'll show it again tonight, just like he didn't in the 2017 finals.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Selwood is Captain Bleeds, not Captain Blood.

And if it bleeds....

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Tape his bloody head before the game for God’s sake!

There is only one Captain Blood.

Jack Dyer- has a stand named after him too!

Hope the umpires are a bit more vigilant tonight as when he bleeds & continuously bleeds after he gets taped up, off the ground with the ‘ blood rule’.
They were a bit slack and I think Selwood got that intercept mark & goal when he had blood streaming down his face? Maybe I’m wrong as I dislike the ‘ducker’.

What about the pic in the paper.

Hope the Chimp is the best captain tonight and leads us into the GF.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Tape his bloody head before the game for God’s sake!

There is only one Captain Blood.

Jack Dyer- has a stand named after him too!

Hope the umpires are a bit more vigilant tonight as when he bleeds & continuously bleeds after he gets taped up, off the ground with the ‘ blood rule’.
They were a bit slack and I think Selwood got that intercept mark & goal when he had blood streaming down his face? Maybe I’m wrong as I dislike the ‘ducker’.

What about the pic in the paper.

Hope the Chimp is the best captain tonight and leads us into the GF.

Cotch is a premiership skipper ... unlike the Ducker

Reactions: 1 users