They'll try anything | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

They'll try anything

pettifer8

They're baackk!!!
You'll never guess what happened but some guy came into my work and was selling Raffle tickets for the Tigers, i work in North Melbourne.
I got dobbed into buying some cos the guys in the office said i should but hey its for a good cause right.

I guess they'll try anything once

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
They were also selling them in the city a couple of weeks ago. $5 each, "no thanks I'm buying a RFC showbag". ;D ;D great value

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
One thing I hate about going to the footy, is that you get asked about 6 times at least to buy a blood raffle ticket.

Some of these raffle ticker sellers can get very darm annoying at times.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
There is an interesting story to all this,when I went to the Richmond V Port game, this PEST came up to me and tried to flog me tickets,real smart arse too. He really annoyed me and said he was with the RFC and tried to sell me some tickets, he was pleading with me,told him to get lost.
The following week, I went to Western Bulldogs and Brisbane ( dont ask why ) but the SAME bloke wearing a Western Bulldogs badge and T- Shirt this time asked me to buy some tickets., I confronted him and said he was the same *smile* from last week, which he did not deny. Point is that these BOZOS are being paid to sell the raffle tickets and is the money going back to the club. Ummmmmmmmmmm

Tiger_clairvoyant

I'm a llama!
Aug 24, 2003
yes they are paid. i have confronted these people also with their richmond gear on and ask them who they barrack for.... usually its Collingwood sometimes North anyway
the club gets a dollar the agency gets 50 cents and the seller gets 50 cents or something like that anyway

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A lot of the people selling the tickets at the ground are foreign backpackers making a bit of pocket money to fund their trip.

I was a bit surprised when I was talking to people selling tickets for our main car raffle at Northland recently. They were decked out in Richmond gear etc and then the lady told me she actually barracks for Essendon and they are paid to sell them too.

I spose they probably sell more than volunteers would, they are certainly pushy people.

pettifer8

They're baackk!!!
the guy that came into my office actually told us his life history ???, but anyway he went on to say that they fly these guys all around the country (the agency, I guess) getting them work with different people selling stuff ie raffle tickets, he went on to say how its a great life on $500 a week selling raffle tickets.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
$500 a week wouldnt last long with my habits. ummmmmmmm
No ,not drug related either ;)