Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have to be honest I didn't see too much of him when I first watched the game but on repeat (once I knew what he looked like) I do see what others have been saying about him. Will be good to watch his progress

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A decent or good showing this weekend might see young Thommo in line for a debut come round 1.

Probably still unlikely at this stage but he is rated highly and is getting another run this week ahead of others.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It won't take much for him to be better then his brother.
His brother cant hit a target by foot.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Which commentator/ journo will paraphrase the line used on West Indies cricketer Uton Dow?

“ And the 11th commandment was “Dow shall not bowl””.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Which commentator/ journo will paraphrase the line used on West Indies cricketer Uton Dow?

“ And the 11th commandment was “Dow shall not bowl””.

If any commentator would be aware of it , I'd be guessing it'td be either Geesook Gerard or Brayshaw due to their cricket backgrounds.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
He certainly has a quick step through traffic or when the ball is in the vicinity. Looks like a coaster and then he is in and out of a pack in a flash. Like it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Definitely moves a lot quicker than many around him. Was up against some quality oppo today.
Good he's had a taste but not ready yet for snr footy. Will look forward to watching him develop.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Like the look of this kid. Very strong quick and agile in and around packs. Doesn't look out of place at all. couple of times he flashed through a pack and I had to rewind to see who it was. Reckon Flash can contribute this year.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It wont be hard for him to be better then his brother becuase his brother is shiit

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to read that Thommo played well in the scratch match against the filth, very excited with the way he goes about things.

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Also very pleased that he puts the body on the line with how hard he is. The ability to play both inside and outside mid is exactly what we need and might be a reason why we have pushed the equally as promising Ross to half back.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Also very pleased that he puts the body on the line with how hard he is. The ability to play both inside and outside mid is exactly what we need and might be a reason why we have pushed the equally as promising Ross to half back.

Well if Caddy doesn't get up and Bake's is missing for personal reasons then exciting changes for me would be:

In:
Ross to half back for Bake's
Dow for Stack

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
our junior mids are looking very good, we may or may not have any genuine A graders , however gee I like the look of Dow , has everything you could want in a modern mid

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
our junior mids are looking very good, we may or may not have any genuine A graders , however gee I like the look of Dow , has everything you could want in a modern mid

Drop Graham and give the kid a game.
Out, Graham & Short
In. Balta/caddy and Dow