Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
im aboard .44

didnt have much disposal income, cause its all on Catalyst in The Guineas,

but I disposed of what I had left on your girl.
With apologies Ezy but firm track and leader bias meant she had no hope and basically had a barrier trial - unfortunately knew that before the race but had already had a bet so did my dough (again). Oliver seemed to think the run was good but from where I was she was plain. Reckons she is looking for 1600m and maybe blinkers to sharpen her up a little. May look at Sydney in the hope of finding somewhere with a little give in the ground. Running out of excuses for her though - still reckon she is not up to Group level - not that there is anything wrong with that!

Back to work Monday.

T44

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With apologies Ezy but firm track and leader bias meant she had no hope and basically had a barrier trial - unfortunately knew that before the race but had already had a bet so did my dough (again). Oliver seemed to think the run was good but from where I was she was plain. Reckons she is looking for 1600m and maybe blinkers to sharpen her up a little. May look at Sydney in the hope of finding somewhere with a little give in the ground. Running out of excuses for her though - still reckon she is not up to Group level - not that there is anything wrong with that!

Back to work Monday.

T44

definitely no need to apologise .44

I knew when she drifted out to 10's what was going on but, yeah too late.

that's punting.

it could have pissed rain and biased to the swoopers.

keep the info coming. Ill take the good with the not for profitable

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I can honestly say, Ive never felt so downright stupid as a punter, as I have betting against Alligator Blood these last two starts

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Catalyst wasn't right last start - off to the Vet this week and out of the All Star mile. Must admit couldn't resist the $3.30 Alligator Blood on Thursday. He is a very good horse.

This week we have Fabric in a Group 3 at Flemington and My Pendant entered in the same race as well as a Group 3 at Randwick. Looking for a wet track for MP and a dry one for Fabric. I think MP will head north and is an outside chance (currently $18) and worth a $1 each way IF the track is rain affected. If not, pass. Fabric will be interesting to see - has drawn 13 in a field of 13 which is no help but she is fit and well and should sit forward. Hopefully the favourite (Greysful Glamour) in barrier 12 can drag her across and she can settle 2nd or 3rd with a bit of cover - again a good each way chance at around $10.

Not overly confident with either but hopeful of a good run and with a bit of luck who knows.

On another note we have retired Queen Leonora after a couple of inglorious efforts.

Like Exceedence in the Newmarket and Avilius in the Aust Cup.

Good punting all

T44

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Catalyst wasn't right last start - off to the Vet this week and out of the All Star mile. Must admit couldn't resist the $3.30 Alligator Blood on Thursday. He is a very good horse.

Like Exceedence in the Newmarket and Avilius in the Aust Cup.

Good punting all

T44

re catalyst: yeah saw he's got a crook back but I think he essentially busted his arse and heart trying to get past Gator in the CsHayes.

I have no doubt catalyst was a good horse, but id be surprised if hes ever much good again.

All aboard Gator - I think with his tactical speed, will, toughs and sprint, hes close to unbeatable.

im backing him in the Allstar. he'll be even better around Caulfield

re Avlius: I don't get him. keeps rolling out at short odds and not doing much? I have him in my former good horse basket.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
This week we have Fabric in a Group 3 at Flemington and My Pendant entered in the same race as well as a Group 3 at Randwick. Looking for a wet track for MP and a dry one for Fabric. I think MP will head north and is an outside chance (currently $18) and worth a $1 each way IF the track is rain affected. If not, pass. Fabric will be interesting to see - has drawn 13 in a field of 13 which is no help but she is fit and well and should sit forward. Hopefully the favourite (Greysful Glamour) in barrier 12 can drag her across and she can settle 2nd or 3rd with a bit of cover - again a good each way chance at around $10.
I blackbooked Fildelia and she's in this, but $5 currently might be a bit short.

re catalyst: yeah saw he's got a crook back but I think he essentially busted his arse and heart trying to get past Gator in the CsHayes.

I have no doubt catalyst was a good horse, but id be surprised if hes ever much good again.

All aboard Gator - I think with his tactical speed, will, toughs and sprint, hes close to unbeatable.

im backing him in the Allstar. he'll be even better around Caulfield

re Avlius: I don't get him. keeps rolling out at short odds and not doing much? I have him in my former good horse basket.
Shame Te Akau Shark is not in the Allstar. Would have been a classic leader/swooper match-up.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shame Te Akau Shark is not in the Allstar. Would have been a classic leader/swooper match-up.

yep gator V Shark would have been once a generation marketing opportunity.

Im a fan of the shark. backed him his last 5 starts.

but the reality is, he'd only get past The Gator about 20m past the winning post.

I really can't find a chink in Gators armour.

Im sure he could pull a cart full of toilet paper across the Nullarbor and win the Perth Cup with Clive palmer riding

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
yep gator V Shark would have been once a generation marketing opportunity.

Im a fan of the shark. backed him his last 5 starts.

but the reality is, he'd only get past The Gator about 20m past the winning post.

I really can't find a chink in Gators armour.

Im sure he could pull a cart full of toilet paper across the Nullarbor and win the Perth Cup with Clive palmer riding
Both hugely impressive on Saturday.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Both hugely impressive on Saturday.

I agree. But The Shark needs luck: he only knows one way to race. Gator needs nothing.

He's shown he can race in all patterns.

If Shark got caught 3 wide at Caulfield, hes gone. Plus I think Shark would give Gator 2kg at WFA.

It's academical. but yeah I wish it wasn't.

Gator V Shark would be sublime. Even the banal fuckheads on JJJ would be discussing and polling it.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Thanks to Melbourne's weather looks like we have a change of plans - My Pendant to stay in Melbourne due to likely wet track and race in same race as Fabric. Fabric did not like wet ground at all at Caulfield a couple of starts ago so am very wary. Flemington does dry out quickly but we have had a lot of rain. So in summary, if track soft 6 or above will back My Pendant each way and if soft 5 and below will back Fabric each way.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah the Gator is a Star as is the Shark. Don't want to be betting against either.

Leysy is about to get serious as well - Has two to follow with supreme confidence through this Autumn.

Funstar - Won't be beaten against any filly/mare rest of the prep. Has the Coolmore, Queen of the Turf and anything else without the Shark at her mercy. About to become a star is leysy's prediction.

Warning - Cleaned up on him in the Vic Derby. Will be winning the AJC Derby and Sydney Cup if makes in that far (Freedman has it in sights, have something small on $26 now). and most things on the way. Starting with Randwick Guineas at $12 this Sat.

Will be trackside at Flem this Sat if anyone's getting along!

GL!!!!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks to Melbourne's weather looks like we have a change of plans - My Pendant to stay in Melbourne due to likely wet track and race in same race as Fabric. Fabric did not like wet ground at all at Caulfield a couple of starts ago so am very wary. Flemington does dry out quickly but we have had a lot of rain. So in summary, if track soft 6 or above will back My Pendant each way and if soft 5 and below will back Fabric each way.

Flemington dries amazingly as you say 44. Little to no rain forecast til Sat now. Be soft 5 or better ILHO>

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
some tough races tomoz

pass from me.

I just pushed all my chips onto Gator

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Leysy is about to get serious as well - Has two to follow with supreme confidence through this Autumn.

Funstar - Won't be beaten against any filly/mare rest of the prep. Has the Coolmore, Queen of the Turf and anything else without the Shark at her mercy. About to become a star is leysy's prediction.

Warning - Cleaned up on him in the Vic Derby. Will be winning the AJC Derby and Sydney Cup if makes in that far (Freedman has it in sights, have something small on $26 now). and most things on the way. Starting with Randwick Guineas at $12 this Sat.

Raining on the farm and one of my wet weather activities is to have a few coffees and review some races.

and I agree on Funstar and will follow you in Leysy.

She had a really tough run from a wide draw in The Surround and she couldn't have carted Probabeel into the race more perfectly and only just got nutted

Waller has her in the Pharlap this week against the fillies (probably against Probabeel again which should see us get close to 3's) and I think waller is thinking its simply a confidence booster and an easy 100 grand

edit: the bookies agree with leysy. Funstar opens at 10/8 while Probabeel sits at 2s. Not much value there. surely we get 6/4 on Saturday?

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
so are the horses going to have to ride around jockey-less in this new completely *smile* crazy world?

*smile* me.

Im putting all my chips on Gator tom

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
so are the horses going to have to ride around jockey-less in this new completely ******* crazy world?

**** me.

Im putting all my chips on Gator tom
I noticed a bet of $40k on Melody Belle.

And the owner of Gator reckons he will scratch if it’s a crowd-free meet as his ill mother and 80 family members would be precluded from attending.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I noticed a bet of $40k on Melody Belle.

And the owner of Gator reckons he will scratch if it’s a crowd-free meet as his ill mother and 80 family members would be precluded from attending.
Haaarrrrgh. That'd be a fair push back on the coroner virus, taking your old and ill mother along to the races to sit in a crowd of thousands of fans. Somebodies got big agates.