Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
some good nags coming out of hibernation this Saturday.

I reckon Randwick's gonna get an inch of rain Saturday Arvo,

and Verry Elegant will stroll in.
The rain came overnight and is still coming. Soft 6 and getting softer, and the market is with you - VE $4.20 into $2.70, which is too short for me despite my opinion of the horse. I'll wait and see how the track's playing. If they're running on, Fifty Stars at $17/$4 e/w might be my go.

Interesting that Kolding is the only horse in the race not first-up, but he would have preferred a drier track.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The rain came overnight and is still coming. Soft 6 and getting softer, and the market is with you - VE $4.20 into $2.70, which is too short for me despite my opinion of the horse. I'll wait and see how the track's playing. If they're running on, Fifty Stars at $17/$4 e/w might be my go.

Interesting that Kolding is the only horse in the race not first-up, but he would have preferred a drier track.

I wish id learn Cummings is a filthy lying mongrel.

Ive been Collettes biggest fan from the start.

yesterday Cummings confirmed what I thought "this is too short for her, and she needs the run'

and then she brains them at 10s.

I think I'm going to try develop a punting system based on Cummings manipulative behaviour

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

yesterday Cummings confirmed what I thought "this is too short for her, and she needs the run'

I think I'm going to try develop a punting system based on Cummings manipulative behaviour
I got $12 on Colette easy, she's a *smiling* beauty. Glad I didn't hear the Cummings interview.

Mo'unga place into Nature Strip win.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I got $12 on Colette easy, she's a *smiling* beauty. Glad I didn't hear the Cummings interview.

Mo'unga place into Nature Strip win.

well done Tman. She is exceptional and almost unbeaten on Soft 7 or worse I think..

im talking total *smile* out of my wallet because I backed the wrong horse

and we all know it hurts when you back against yourself: ive backed her every start of her career except her last 2 (win, win)

it was someone else I heard say 'its too short for her etc.'

when I reviewed, Cummings said she'll go great.

sorry James.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

I backed Kolding. Was confident he’d beat VE but didn’t count on Collette at 10s.

No matter. Backed Every Rose at $26 in the next race and she led them from barrier to post. I only wish that Away Game could have hung on for 2nd and not got bloused in last 50m. Had the quinella and would have been drinking lockdown Dom Perignon for the next week.

But backed 3 Jamie Kah winners in Melbourne so good day all up.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I backed Kolding. Was confident he’d beat VE but didn’t count on Collette at 10s.

No matter. Backed Every Rose at $26 in the next race and she led them from barrier to post. I only wish that Away Game could have hung on for 2nd and not got bloused in last 50m. Had the quinella and would have been drinking lockdown Dom Perignon for the next week.

But backed 3 Jamie Kah winners in Melbourne so good day all up.

Yeah. Backed Funstar (lot of late money - some of it mine). Thought Kolding was gonna win. Good horse, but would never have backed Collette.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Now that Gai is out of the limelight and thus not spruiking everyone of her horses as the next inset name of champion sprinter/ miler/ cups .... and with a smaller stable I have been following the stable with some reasonable success. Farnan last autumn. today Runaway .... in a BM race over a distance a Waterhouse horse with (a motivated) Oliver on board was excellent value. Rule the World has been a good each way prospect down here.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just watched the replay of Mo'unga again, it was a huge run, 3 wide the journey. He managed to get a bit of cover, $11 for the Aust Guineas is good value.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just watched the replay of Mo'unga again, it was a huge run, 3 wide the journey. He managed to get a bit of cover, $11 for the Aust Guineas is good value.
Yes I backed him as well but missed the race. Will have a look at the replay as it sounded like a top run.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Think ill climb back on the horse tomorrow.

I cant see where a horse finds 2 lengths on Colette in the G1??

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Think ill climb back on the horse tomorrow.

I cant see where a horse finds 2 lengths on Colette in the G1??
Going to stay out of that race easy, was happy to get the $12 on Colette last start.
I reckon Montefilia is good each way value today.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Look up the word “slaughter” on the internet and there should be a link to Tommy Berry’s ride on Mo’unga in the Randwick Guineas. The greatest tragedy beaten you will ever see. Should have won by panels. Berry should be strung up.

Yes I was on it...................

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Look up the word “slaughter” on the internet and there should be a link to Tommy Berry’s ride on Mo’unga in the Randwick Guineas. The greatest tragedy beaten you will ever see. Should have won by panels. Berry should be strung up.

Yes I was on it...................
Don't know how I've only just noticed your post, i'm feeling your pain. I've been on it it's last 2 starts, it's actually 3, I backed it in the Caulfield Guineas as well.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive moved Russian Camelot into the

Great galloper with a pea-heart

Basket.

Will win races on pure physics,

But will run 2nd and 3rd alot

• Haha

Bernie