Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Esta la Roca gave a good show last start against your bloke and September Run. Fave in an easier race R1 Sandown tomorrow. I'm on.

nice work spook.

should set up a festive GF day for you

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
can anyone offer an explanation why TAB would pay out all bets on Zaaki to win the Cox Plate?

Verry Elleegant can beat it

is it so those punter who collect give all back quicker?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I think it is because it is the highest rated horse in the field but is only an emergency because its trainer is outside the scope for the class of races (for country trained horses only) so he takes the gamble it gets a run as all other “normal” acceptors get in before it. Trust this makes some sense!
[/QUOTE

Just catching up on this thread and not aware of the horse involved, but my I suggest that if the race was a Highway contest, the reason will be that the acceptor was a Canberra based horse.

Priority is given to NSW country horses and the benchmark rating does not apply where the NSW horse is rated 50 or above.

The Canberra horse will essentially mark time behind the NSW trained until the 50 is reached until the field limit excluding emergencies is obtained.

So a Canberra horse with a higher benchmark amd resultantly greater weight can sit in the ballot order behind a lesser rated acceptor. And consequently, may well fall in the ballot order to an emergency.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Incentivise to stamp itself as the next star of Australian horse racing today.

And we $3 x your investment for the honour of watching it occur.

Zoutori in the Gilgai and Sheraz in the Bart Cummings the other bets for leysy today.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Put Verry Elleegant in the Epsom with 49.5kgs - what price do you reckon she would be? $1.50? Riodini finished just under a length behind her same course and distance last start. Managed to get $6.50 early in the week, in to around $4.60 which is still great value imho.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Incentivise to stamp itself as the next star of Australian horse racing today.

And we $3 x your investment for the honour of watching it occur.

Zoutori in the Gilgai and Sheraz in the Bart Cummings the other bets for leysy today.
Mmmm. Think Sir Dragonet can upset the top two today. Kemalpasa a good show in the Gilgai and Annavisto in the mares race. Duais in the Hill Stakes in Sydney and reckon Masked Crusader bounces back today.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Put Verry Elleegant in the Epsom with 49.5kgs - what price do you reckon she would be? $1.50? Riodini finished just under a length behind her same course and distance last start. Managed to get $6.50 early in the week, in to around $4.60 which is still great value imho.
49.5kg? My guide says 51.5kg. But yeah he’s a massive chance with a lightweight. Does he get it his own way in front though? That’s they key.