Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Danny O'Brien has got another good Melbourne Cups contender in Saracen Knight. Still well down the order, but if it can win one of the races which gives automatic entry, you'd think it would be a good chance of running a strong 2 miles. It was $201 before yesterdays win, it's into $31.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Fabric is in at the deep end in a Group 2 on Saturday at Flemington. Has a good draw (1) so hopefully will settle just off them on the fence with a nice trail. Will need the breaks to go her way and she is a chance, certainly each way is best in my opinion but at $14 worth a dollar each way to find out. Is fit and well and Willo is in form.

Go Tigers, make it a great start to the weekend on Friday night!

T44

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Fabric is in at the deep end in a Group 2 on Saturday at Flemington. Has a good draw (1) so hopefully will settle just off them on the fence with a nice trail. Will need the breaks to go her way and she is a chance, certainly each way is best in my opinion but at $14 worth a dollar each way to find out. Is fit and well and Willo is in form.

Go Tigers, make it a great start to the weekend on Friday night!

T44
5th, no real excuse, given a perfect ride, just not quite up to that level. Some good horses behind her but doesn’t help the account balance.

Disappointing couple of days all round.

T44

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Frustrating game the punting game, I had Verry Elleegant going in every thing at very good odds last spring.

I backed Probabeel in the Cox Plate a few weeks back at $41. The trainer is deciding whether to go to the Golden Eagle or the Cox Plate. **** V’landys and his Everest and Golden Eagle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read of a court case where a punter with BetEasy won a 5 leg multi to the value of $1.4m but BetEasy will only pay $250k because when a punter signs up theyre agreeing to the clause that a maximum daily payout is $250k. What a scam.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Just read of a court case where a punter with BetEasy won a 5 leg multi to the value of $1.4m but BetEasy will only pay $250k because when a punter signs up theyre agreeing to the clause that a maximum daily payout is $250k. What a scam.
do you have a link?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Jeez I hope she wins that case. And if she doesn't these thieves have to refund all punters for the proportionate amounts of bets that they should not have accepted. Or be made to retrospectively cancel all bets that exceeded the max payout limit and repay them their stake in full.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Even though i know they are all complete *smile*,

I still get outraged by these stories.

If they accept a bet, surely they have to honour it, irrespective of t&c's?

If i wrote T&c's that said 'if you pay me for 20 cows, i only have to give you 5'

That wouldnt stand.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Cracking day of racing at Caulfield tomorrow.

What's everyone making favourite?

For mine Windstorm looks a moral. Probably multi him into RC and Alligator Blood.

Instant Celebrity in the Thousand Guineas.

Going with Mo'unga in the Guineas. Form lines probably indicate he cant win but I really like the way he sprints and hits the line.

Good luck all.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Have a couple of runners over the weekend. My Pendant in race 4 at Caulfield, needs it soft and might get it. Also needs a few to slow down to wait for her, couldn't recommend with any confidence. Out of sheer loyalty have back her to run a place. Hello Sunshine on Sunday at Cranbourne is an excellent chance around the $5.50 mark. Worth a dollar each way if you can afford it.

Reckon Cascadian will run a good race in the Toorak Saturday @ $12 is a great each way bet.

Let's get the win tonight Tigers and sit back and enjoy the good racing!

T44

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Cracking day of racing at Caulfield tomorrow.

What's everyone making favourite?

For mine Windstorm looks a moral. Probably multi him into RC and Alligator Blood.

Instant Celebrity in the Thousand Guineas.

Going with Mo'unga in the Guineas. Form lines probably indicate he cant win but I really like the way he sprints and hits the line.

Good luck all.
Good stuff Mopsy and T44. Usual plan on this thread is to wait for T44, Tigerman, Ezy and leysy's tips. Back the tips from the first 3 and lay those from the 4th for a profitable weekend.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A couple of two-bet strategies for me: Mo'unga and Tagaloa in the Guineas, with a saver on Ole Kirk. Dirty Work and Splintex in the Schillaci (what a horse he was).

I like Hungry Heart in the 1000 Guineas, but no fat in her price at present. Ditto Buffalo River in the Toorak.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Good stuff Mopsy and T44. Usual plan on this thread is to wait for T44, Tigerman, Ezy and leysy's tips. Back the tips from the first 3 and lay those from the 4th for a profitable weekend.

Id lay the 3rd one JB.

feels like Richmond are the only winner ive backed all year.

ive pretty much given the nags away for 2020, although I stand to win a large fortune on the RC Cox Plate/ Tiger Flag running double.

Ive also taken the 20's on offer on Toffee Tongue in the CC.

gets a 2 kg pull on very elegant after a half head defeat, will gobble up the extra 400m and has a featherweight.

todays is the thinnest Toorak handicap I can remember? it used to be Melbournes answer to the Epsom, but this year it looks like a G3 to me.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love you Willie Pike...... Arcadia Queen with the bar plates off, trounces them.