Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not a bad day's work. 4 from six shots with two minors. Get him on the half forward flank with that sort of return.
A couple of his wins where he angled his way into the clear without losing momentum was horsemanship at its finest, I've seen him do that dozens of times at Ascot.
Back Pike, and drink what you like.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Id lay the 3rd one JB.

feels like Richmond are the only winner ive backed all year.

ive pretty much given the nags away for 2020, although I stand to win a large fortune on the RC Cox Plate/ Tiger Flag running double.

Ive also taken the 20's on offer on Toffee Tongue in the CC.

gets a 2 kg pull on very elegant after a half head defeat, will gobble up the extra 400m and has a featherweight.

todays is the thinnest Toorak handicap I can remember? it used to be Melbournes answer to the Epsom, but this year it looks like a G3 to me.
Even though I just read this your comment on the Toorak sums up my thinking which led me to Mr Quickie...... and coupled him with the two favourites landed the quinella.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
what's your thoughts n the cox plate TMan?
Looks like being a cracking field eZyT, if all these run in it, Russian Camelot, Arcadia Queen, Probabeel, Kolding, Verry Elleegant, Humidor, Fierce Impact.
I'm on Probabeel at $41, a very good 3 year old who's even better as a 4 year old.
I wouldn't be sacking Russian Camelot on yesterdays run, Oliver will make sure there's more pressure on than there was yesterday.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Have a couple of runners over the weekend. My Pendant in race 4 at Caulfield, needs it soft and might get it. Also needs a few to slow down to wait for her, couldn't recommend with any confidence. Out of sheer loyalty have back her to run a place. Hello Sunshine on Sunday at Cranbourne is an excellent chance around the $5.50 mark. Worth a dollar each way if you can afford it.

Reckon Cascadian will run a good race in the Toorak Saturday @ $12 is a great each way bet.

Let's get the win tonight Tigers and sit back and enjoy the good racing!

T44
Hello Sunshine has an elevated temperature so not going around at Cranny today. Shame!

Cascadian disappointing (again) sacked.

Plein Ciel in the Cup today each way.

Go Tigers

T44

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Cascadian disappointing (again) sacked.

T44

fair enough to sack it. But Ollys ride was horrendous, as are a lot of his rides of late.

he had him in heaps of galloping room one off the fence early, then he sooled him out 5 wide and sat there.

it was as poor a ride as you see at Caulfield IMO

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Looks like being a cracking field eZyT, if all these run in it, Russian Camelot, Arcadia Queen, Probabeel, Kolding, Verry Elleegant, Humidor, Fierce Impact.
I'm on Probabeel at $41, a very good 3 year old who's even better as a 4 year old.
I wouldn't be sacking Russian Camelot on yesterdays run, Oliver will make sure there's more pressure on than there was yesterday.

see above post RE: Oliver.

however I reckon thats the peak of AQ's campaign and RC has improvement.

RC is still very green and seems to really take some switching on?

It seems to me its just raw talent and heart and lung capacity which is getting him the first 2 in G1's.

When he learns how to race, he'll be unbeatable > 2000m IMO.

Im hoping to get $5 for the CP

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
see above post RE: Oliver.

however I reckon thats the peak of AQ's campaign and RC has improvement.

RC is still very green and seems to really take some switching on?

It seems to me its just raw talent and heart and lung capacity which is getting him the first 2 in G1's.

When he learns how to race, he'll be unbeatable > 2000m IMO.

Im hoping to get $5 for the CP
With the credentials of the overseas horses you probably should be getting $5, he hasn't raced at MV before either, neither has AQ and Probabeel, I reckon he should handle it though. They both have a lot faster last 600 metres than him, so he or the international horses will need to pure the pressure on them fairly early.

Re Oliver, forget about him, Willie is the man. He's that good..... he's going to improve Midterm by 10 lengths to win the Cranbourne Cup today........each way all day.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Against the grain but think the Russian is a touch overrated and definitely over bet.

1/3 at WFA, sat 1/1 yesterday and was trounced in it's merits. No way would leysy take half the odds compared to AQ on it winning the plate.

Lacks the sprint to win a plate. The Cup looks a better bet but Surprise Baby will outstay it there as well ILO.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Against the grain but think the Russian is a touch overrated and definitely over bet.

1/3 at WFA all at cramped odds. sat 1/1 yesterday and was trounced on it's merits. Look at that race objectively andno way would leysy take half the odds compared to AQ on it winning the plate.

Lacks the sprint to win the race. The Cup looks a better bet but Surprise Baby will outstay it there as well ILO.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005

1/3 at WFA, sat 1/1 yesterday and was trounced in it's merits. No way would leysy take half the odds compared to AQ on it winning the plate.

Lacks the sprint to win a plate. The Cup looks a better bet but Surprise Baby will outstay it there as well ILO.
Agree re RC - had every chance on Saturday. Reckon the Caulfield Cup into the Melbourne Cup would have been more suitable. Would have got in OK at the handicaps as lightly raced. Too late now I guess!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Agree re RC - had every chance on Saturday. Reckon the Caulfield Cup into the Melbourne Cup would have been more suitable. Would have got in OK at the handicaps as lightly raced. Too late now I guess!
Yes agree, from memory RC was given 53 kg's in the Caulfield Cup, would've been more suitable. Stud value, the Cox Plate is the better option.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Melbourne Cup is the go. Good WFA form is a great leader for handicaps and cups

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I think the key here is estimating where AQ is in her campaign.

she's gone 1400, 1400, 1800, 2000. She looked at her peak in the mounting yard, and in the last 200m

I rated her the best 2000m horse in Australia in 2019. She is very very good. She jumped RC, and they gapped 3rd. So I think its reasonable to assume they are the best pair of 2000m'ers in Australia

Anthony Van Dyke (could you come up with a shitter name for a good horse, other than perhaps Haut Brion Her? Is there a tasteless Dutchman making a play at our spring? Better question might be, Is there a tastetful Dutchman?) beat Stradivarious last start, but im pretty suspicious about the 'contaminated feed' story. The Stardivarious defeat was a little anomalous. Im prepared to risk him without the juice.

RC has gone 1600, 1800, 2000. Id prefer to see him going to the CC also, but they've targeted the CP all along (I still cant comprehend *smile* head Bob Peters taking AQ to The Everest last year?),

and I think RC will peak.

I also think he is very green. he looks surprised when a horse goes past him and you can almost hear Oliver saying 'I told you, you big dopey prick'. he really takes some riding by the looks. Plus Oliver is in career worst form.

I can understand the knock on RC entirely, but I'm sticking with him.

its also worth noting that I am in career worst form, suggesting it would be prudent to lay RC, and back anything with a dutch name.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Great run by Fabric just now, @Tiger44

I was on Sovereign Award, so thankfully it wasn't any better!
Thanks Spook, she did very well. Got Black type in her pedigree now so makes her more valuable.
Interested in others thoughts - trainers message this morning said fit and well, should run well. No mention of stablemate (winner) which was $6.50 to $3.80 or thereabouts. Quite annoyed really as he should have told us she probably wouldn’t beat the stablemate but got nothing. I guess I’m just the mug who pays the bills !

T44

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, you'd hope for the tip. SA was well-spruiked. I got $6 early this morning. Added to a nice $13 winner with Yonkers.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thanks Spook, she did very well. Got Black type in her pedigree now so makes her more valuable.
Interested in others thoughts - trainers message this morning said fit and well, should run well. No mention of stablemate (winner) which was $6.50 to $3.80 or thereabouts. Quite annoyed really as he should have told us she probably wouldn’t beat the stablemate but got nothing. I guess I’m just the mug who pays the bills !

T44
In regards to her race, i don't know whether to say congratulations, or bad luck. It was a great run, swap barriers with the winner and I reckon she wins.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

T44
Congratulations, T44. Owning a black type mare is a huge deal! Fine run. I preferred your mare to her stablemates but was off the mark on the day so might’ve slowed her down.