Ticketmaster - a rort | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ticketmaster - a rort

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
I logged on to Ticketmaster this afternoon to see what areas may be still available.

I was re-directed to the Ticketmaster resale site, where purchased tickets can be on-sold by the original purchaser. Ticketmaster appear to take a 15% fee on the re-sale. They also say that re-sale prices often exceed face value. This should not be allowed to occur. There may not be an issue this week, however a prelim final agaisnt Hawthorn could leave members unable to attend due to the member's pre-sale period allowing two tickets per membership to be bought, with the tickets then on-sold.

I've long thought that Tickemaster's fees were not representative of the cost, and that the AFL should manage their own ticketing system.

Ticketmaster is a rort - selling tickets, claiming allocations are exhausted, and offering a site where tickets can be re-sold, when I'd be reasonably certain that there would still be seats available.

As an aside, I have my level M ticket for sale, offers above $9,000.00 accepted.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
It`s ticketek that are selling the original tickets, not ticketmaster.

You were re-directed to the ticketmaster re-sale site because ticketmaster can`t sell the original tickets, ticketek have the contract for MCG games.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
In tonight's episode of Last Week Tonight John Oliver dissects and exposes the reasons behind all the complaints we've had with Ticketmaster and Ticketek. Live Nation is implicated too. Really worth watching.