Tiger back in hospital (HeraldSun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger back in hospital (HeraldSun)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tiger back in hospital
By MICHAEL WARNER
31jul03

FORMER Richmond champion Bill Barrot has suffered a second heart attack -- less than a week after collapsing during a Tigers legends match.

Barrot, 59, has returned to intensive care at the Epworth Hospital after a turn for the worse on Saturday.
He will have heart surgery this week.

The two-time premiership star had just recovered from a massive cardiac arrest that almost claimed his life while playing in a Punt Rd Oval charity game.

Friend and premiership teammate Mike Perry said yesterday: "He's OK -- it's all looking positive.

"As I understand it, they will operate and he should be all clear.

"He's a good fella, Billy. Very passionate about the Tigers and life in general."

Barrot, a revered centreman in the club's 1967 and 1969 premiership teams, last week spoke to the Herald Sun about his brush with death.

"They tell me my heart stopped beating on and off for about 20 minutes," he said.

"I think I was gone three or four times on the way to the hospital."

Crikey, sounds like Billy is lucky to be alive. Might have to move him to a forward pocket next year ;)

All the best Billy.