Tigerland-1889 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigerland-1889

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've been reading Tigerland by Brian Hansen and found this paragraph very amusing.

1889:  If ever there was a time when Richmond was geared to play football on a Sunday it was surely this year when the club embarked on a moral crusade.  Very much the fashionable team of the competition, sporting boaters, white shoes and striped blazers, Richmond officials frowned heavily on bad language and misconduct.  Members were expelled from the club for uttering foul oaths as the officials determined football was to become a sport where the ladies of the day could attend without swooning or blushing.  An unpleasant incident was likely to bring on the vapors. :hihi

rosy23 said:
I've been reading Tigerland by Brian Hansen and found this paragraph very amusing.

1889:  If ever there was a time when Richmond was geared to play football on a Sunday it was surely this year when the club embarked on a moral crusade.  Very much the fashionable team of the competition, sporting boaters, white shoes and striped blazers, Richmond officials frowned heavily on bad language and misconduct.  Members were expelled from the club for uttering foul oaths as the officials determined football was to become a sport where the ladies of the day could attend without swooning or blushing.  An unpleasant incident was likely to bring on the vapors. :hihi

or make male teenagers start turning Japanesey