Tigers set new record | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers set new record

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
from www.thebladder.com
Rosy, feel free to move to "Game for a laugh". Just thought a few over here might enjoy this also. Put's a bit in pespective actually. Cheers.

Tigers set new record
by STAFF REPORTERS

Richmond set a new club record in the disastrous Round One loss to Geelong, with Tiger fans demanding the head of the new coach, Terry Wallace 12 minutes into the second quarter of the new season.

It is believed to beat the old mark by 23 minutes, with Richmond fans calling for the sacking of coach Mike Patterson in 1984. (Coach Alby Pannam was asked to resign by one fan the day before Round One in 1953 but that was believed to be a personal dispute.)

“Look, I can’t say I wasn’t disappointed,” embattled Richmond coach Terry Wallace said. “We’re coming off what I’ve labelled The Summer of Love and we’re barely into the second quarter, only early in a run of nine unanswered goals to the Cats, and I hear Tiger fans thumping on the coach’s box and demanding I be sacked. It hurts. Of course it does.”

Wallace did the only thing possible under the circumstances and sacked a deputy assistant coach.

“I think now that loser’s gone, you’ll notice things will really turn around here at Punt Road,” Wallace told thebladder.com

The Richmond Tigers head into Round Two on the brink of setting several records, including Worst Ever Losing Streak (16 losses), Most Crap Modified Guernsey and Funniest Attempt to Get Richo to Improve His Body Language.

Luckily, they face Hawthorn which has abandoned training this week so new coach Alistair Clarkson can have more time to just scream at everyone in the wake of the weekend’s heavy loss to Sydney.