Tigers v Suns Round 6 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Suns Round 6

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Good to see some players returning from injury/suspension. Soldo, Broad and Sonsie named in the ones effectively pushing Juddy, Hugo and Mansell back to the twos, the AFL listed players in the VFL team now 7 (depending on sub) out of - Biggy, Clarke, Ralphsmith, Green, Bauer, Banks, Mansell, Dow - with Ross going up to the senior team.

VFL Round 6, Richmond v Gold Coast, Sunday, April 30, 11.05am AEDT, Swinburne Centre
(Swipe across on mobile)

BacksLuke Teal66Jacob Bauer43James Trezise 68
Half-BacksMax Clohesy76Tom Bracher74Hugo Ralphsmith13
CentrelineSam Banks41Garret McDonagh53Austin Johnson51
Half-ForwardsRhyan Mansell31Judson Clarke42Steely Green48
ForwardsArchie May71Brad Melville54Joel Nathan65
FollowersBigo Nyuon47Thomson Dow27Lachlan Street55
Interchange:Angus Hicks52Billy Cooper78Cam Olden58
Nathan Philactides60Ben Bilston-McGillen82
23rd player Nathan Philactides 60
Emergencies:Will Bravo70Fraser Elliot67Lachlan Johnson59
Harrison White56

In: Nyuon, Clarke, Mansell, Ralphsmith, Philactides

Out: El Nour (injured), Faimalo (omitted), Elliot (omitted), Brindley (injured), Ross (AFL recall)

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hope Biggie is all healed and plays well.

Has showed more this year and I'd like to see him push for senior selection.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
trading period just last year, they picked up Stein, Blakely, Anderson, berry and Long.

that's 12% of a list
Aiming for a VFL premiership is a realistically low bar for the Black Hole Suns to set themselves.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
VFL should all be about developing next generation of younger players, not clogging up a list with mature age players who’ll never feature at AFL level.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
VFL should all be about developing next generation of younger players, not clogging up a list with mature age players who’ll never feature at AFL level.

theres a rule in place that actually hinders development that I dont understand.

the 23rd man in VFL

I cant see any practical difference between 23rd man and the 1st through 22nd man. its not a sub, its just a 5th bench spot.

but theres a rule that say you cant be 23rd man more than 6 times in 2 seasons.

can anyone shed any light on the purpose/practicality of the 23rd man in VFL?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

and thats exactly how we treat the VFL, and why we are being outclassed today. I much prefer our method though and think long term is the most sustainable way to continue to unearth talent. If we hadn't done that, there might be less chance that players like Young, D-Ambrosio etc end up on an AFL list.

We were always going to struggle today with the quality that the Suns were putting out today. A bunch of highly rated high end draft picks, supplemented with a bunch of AFL list cloggers.

I suppose if the Suns have zero chance at an AFL premiership, may aswell stock up and go for that VFL one.

Reactions: 2 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Aiming for a VFL premiership is a realistically low bar for the Black Hole Suns to set themselves.
Black Hole Suns! That's brilliant.

Probably the only Soundgarden tune that I don't like. What a band.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just switched this on to see we're 50 odd points down at half time. Are we playing the GCS seniors?