Tigers v Suns Round 6 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Suns Round 6

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Chris Cornell. What a shame.
Heard this week Red that a compromise had been reached between the Cornell estate and the rest of the band.

And they can now release the tunes they were working on just before he died

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Pretty poor display, albeit against bigger & more AFL experienced opposition. Given our injuries, the VFL team lacks key position structure - very few quality talls.

Even if we have a long injury list, we have to do a better job at finding junior talls at VFL level to provide overall team with a basis to compete.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dow 27 touches, 12 clearances. Didn't see the game, can anyone comment on his performance?

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
Dow 27 touches, 12 clearances. Didn't see the game, can anyone comment on his performance?
I saw 3.5 quarters- dow was great. Very solid in contested ball and distributed very well. Easily our best before I left.
Banks had a great first quater but slowly drifted out through the game but he used the ball well most of the time. Hugo got better as the game went on, great 3rd quater. Bauer was our only tall back playing on Sam day and some 206 cm giant so he was just undersized but battled well.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks, boys. I can see Dow coming in next week to give Cotch a spell against the West Spoon Eagles, and give Dion another week to prepare for the Scats.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I saw 3.5 quarters- dow was great. Very solid in contested ball and distributed very well. Easily our best before I left.
Banks had a great first quater but slowly drifted out through the game but he used the ball well most of the time. Hugo got better as the game went on, great 3rd quater. Bauer was our only tall back playing on Sam day and some 206 cm giant so he was just undersized but battled well.
I'd like to see Banks come into the 1's for his debut next week so good to hear he played well (even if he drifted out somewhat), but 22 possessions is good.

How was Steely playing that small forward role?

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
I'd like to see Banks come into the 1's for his debut next week so good to hear he played well (even if he drifted out somewhat), but 22 possessions is good.

Might’ve been the week to debut Banks this week instead of putting Sonsie on the wing. Wonder which genius coach thought of that shocker :rolleyes:. We have Hugo and Banks who played wing in the VFL, and also Juddy can play wing, but hey, let’s go with the midfielder!

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Might’ve been the week to debut Banks this week instead of putting Sonsie on the wing. Wonder which genius coach thought of that shocker :rolleyes:. We have Hugo and Banks who played wing in the VFL, and also Juddy can play wing, but hey, let’s go with the midfielder!

Agreed, I was shocked to see it was Sonsie and Cotch rotating that wing. I couldn't see in the 1st quarter as was on Level 1 (and on McIntoshs wing), so I went up to Level 3 (I don't like being on Level 1, you just don't see the whole pitch) and was flabbergasted to see it was Sonz and Cotch. The 1 real criticism there has always been on Sonz is his tank, so we thought we'd see how bad it was by putting him on the wing??? Strange.

Reactions: 1 users

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013

Just got home from our AFL debacle. Yep from my point of view steely very quiet. I have no idea on his stats but barely sore him today except a few scratchy possessions. Banks was awesome with his composure, I really like his skills, I think he could be ok. Seems a great kick.

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Steely was good in the midfield round 3

IMG_0477.jpeg

He got moved forward for a few weeks and it
seems he wasn’t nearly has influential those time. Steve Morris said steely was getting frustrated playing the small forward role.. maybe cos he’s not a small forward :rolleyes:. Would even be better for try him off back like lil Bakes (his idol). Some good comments about him after he was injected into the midfield sunday…
SO MAYBE NEXT GAME THEYLL ACFUALLY PLAY HIM IN IS NATURAL POSITION!

IMG_0479.jpeg

Last edited: