Tigers vs Box Hill Dawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Box Hill Dawks

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Someone posted a tremendous article about this.
I think its this:

At its crux is the player payments. Coburg playing 25% of the salary cap.

FWIW i went to the frankston v swans match. The swannies had a number of afl players, including tom hickey, dylan stephens, corey warner, will gould (off the top of my head).
But all 3 clubs struggling to compete at the vfa level
Frankston is probably the most viable of the 3 tigerdell, they have decent local support as well.

There are 21 teams in the VFL and clubs play an 18 game season. There are too many byes as well. The competition is a bit of a mess imo

Reactions: 2 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Whilst he played better MRJ is nowhere near ready for a promotion. He had plenty of the ball but butchered it consistently. Commentator also agreed where MRJ tries to do too much, falls over, fumbles etc. He needs to master the basics first before he attempts the fancy. Our two onballers with most possessions, Dow and MRJ, are our worst for disposal effectiveness.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Campbell - 5 possies/3 Marks
Bradke - 6 possies/5 marks/1 goal
Brown - 14 possies
Biggy - 11 possies/6 marks/1 goal
Trezise - 15 possies
Green - 16 possies/6 marks/4 inside 50's/1 goal
Dow - 25 possies/4 clearances
Ralphsmith - 23 possies
Rioli - 23 possies/7 tackles/7 clearances
Ryan - 10 possies/5 marks/4 tackles/33 hitouts
Sonsies - 24 possies/6 marks/5 clearances/1 goal
Clarke - 19 possies/8 marks/6 inside 50's/1 goal
Cumberland - 15 possies/6 marks/6 goals
2 small positives I see from probably our best 2 ball users , Clarke 8 marks and 6 inside 50s say he’s covering plenty of ground on a wing. Sonsie 5 clearances though not huge , its not a strength of his

Reactions: 1 users