Tigers won't risk injured skipper (HeraldSun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers won't risk injured skipper (HeraldSun)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigers won't risk injured skipper
29 May 2003 Herald Sun
By GEOFF POULTER

CAMPBELL to miss, Johnson to play. That's the likely selection scenario after the calf victims missed Richmond's MCG training session yesterday.

Tigers football director Greg Miller said Campbell was expected to miss Saturday night's clash with Sydney.

"Wayne will probably miss a week," Miller said.

"But (Kane Johnson) is just a bit sore and he trained indoors. He will be right."

Assistant coach Darren Crocker earlier indicated that a decision on Campbell would be left until later in the week.

"We just want to give him every chance to come up this week, which will mean he won't be able to train today, but he may be able to train later in the week," he said.

"He knows his own body pretty well, he is giving himself every chance."

Despite the likely loss of Campbell, the Tigers could regain ruckman Greg Stafford (knee), midfielder Mark Coughlan (ankle) and tall utility Ray Hall (groin) for the clash with the Swans.

"The likelihood of getting of Stafford back is very high. I think he will be right," Crocker said. "Ray Hall, hopefully, will get through.

"Staf, Ray Hall, Mark Coughlan are realistic chances of coming in."

Defender Ben Holland, who had major knee surgery last year, is again ready to resume with Coburg Tigers in the VFL this week after a quad injury.

Crocker said the Tigers were ignoring the worrying statistic that showed all seven visiting teams to lose in Perth this season had also lost the following round. "We are just focusing on bouncing back from a loss," he said.