Tiges V Coburg game day. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Coburg game day.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ok ill shut about The Sonz,

But i forgot something.

If my eyes didnt deceive me, He gloved the ball in one hand in traffic, not once, but twice.

If thats not a sign of a special player, i dunno what is.

Blokes like Darryl White, Kouta, Jarred Brennan did that.

its a very rare ball handling ability

Its pretty exulted company

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I didnt realise what a competitor Sonz was until seeing and hearing up close at a suburban oval.

Hes an animal.

Hes also super smart - he gets from stoppage to stoppage by basically running to the middle of the options,

Basically like a tennis player returning to the centre line after each short to half the distance to the next ball.

Then he has the awreness and speed to get there.

Constantly where the ball is.

He also hits top speed after he disposes, on the overlap, a bit like Cotchy

And ive no doubt his use by foot was captured on the TV.

Jeez i love footy like that - makes me really miss Melbourne.

Teague was there all day, nank and melee for a half, juddy whole game.
I agree with all of this, and it's exactly what I've been seeing at punt road too.

But I reckon we need both him and Ross. The more players who can get from contest to contest and use the ball, the better.

We need to move away from manic sprinting and more towards gut runners who can dispose.

If you were to ask me who will be more valuable right now and the better long term player out of Ross and Sonsie, I'd just staple a Sonsie badge to your head and tell you to not ask such silly questions.

But there are others who are contributing less.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I agree with all of this, and it's exactly what I've been seeing at punt road too.

But I reckon we need both him and Ross. The more players who can get from contest to contest and use the ball, the better.

We need to move away from manic sprinting and more towards gut runners who can dispose.

If you were to ask me who will be more valuable right now and the better long term player out of Ross and Sonsie, I'd just staple a Sonsie badge to your head and tell you to not ask such silly questions.

But there are others who are contributing less.

Your inviting me to kiss your pretty wife, as long as i kiss your mother-in-law too here CT.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Your inviting me to kiss your pretty wife, as long as i kiss your mother-in-law too here CT.

My mother in law will age another couple of decades when I point out that Bolton and Ross had pretty much identical stats last night.

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Come on Mansell or Ralphsmith regardless of positions
Harsh. I thought both did pretty well against the skunks. They stood up. Not sure if JR8 will see out the year myself. Time catches up with everyone.

Anyway, Sonz is a mid, so even Cotch will have to step up from that game.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
I have said it before but will reiterate - someone at RFC can pick a footballer (not like Essendon)!
There is not one player on our VFL list that I can say is not a 'good' footballer. New favourite is Brindley my Grimes replacement, a v good mark at 195 fast determined and ok on smalls and talls. Both Johnstons have afl traits and Tresize & White are two to observe. The backbones of the group (Elliot, Hicks, Street, El Nour, McDonagh) all have above average VFL skills and determination. Have not written off May or Teal though they may find it hard to get a place in the side.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, I like Brindley. Didn't realise he was 195. Great pair of hands.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I have said it before but will reiterate - someone at RFC can pick a footballer (not like Essendon)!
There is not one player on our VFL list that I can say is not a 'good' footballer. New favourite is Brindley my Grimes replacement, a v good mark at 195 fast determined and ok on smalls and talls. Both Johnstons have afl traits and Tresize & White are two to observe. The backbones of the group (Elliot, Hicks, Street, El Nour, McDonagh) all have above average VFL skills and determination. Have not written off May or Teal though they may find it hard to get a place in the side.
I've been liking Angus Hicks since we had him. Short, stocky built rover looks good for AFL level along with Mooootazzz.

Moey Yassine (from the Bash Bank) might be one to monitor through the season along with Billy Cooper.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Note that Robbie Tarrant is named at FB
Did he play in the VFL lat week?
Don't always keep up to date with the VFL Tigers

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Note that Robbie Tarrant is named at FB
Did he play in the VFL lat week?
Don't always keep up to date with the VFL Tigers
Tarrant's first game back last week and only played a half which was designated.
Report said he pulled up a bit soar but has trained and will go again today.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Tarrant's first game back last week and only played a half which was designated.
Thanks for that caesar. You are a font of all knowledge.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Sorry mate, didn't read your training list this week, busy with my young bloke's last week at Uni and moving out of his accomm, can you add anything to this, seems to have come from nowhere for me?

"Out of the side that defeated Coburg by 42 points last weekend are Seth Campbell, Thomson Dow and Harrison White through injury.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sorry mate, didn't read your training list this week, busy with my young bloke's last week at Uni and moving out of his accomm, can you add anything to this, seems to have come from nowhere for me?

"Out of the side that defeated Coburg by 42 points last weekend are Seth Campbell, Thomson Dow and Harrison White through injury.

Seth Campbell was in rehab for about 3 weeks dealing with a groin issue, first game back he pulls up sore and now out again with same issue.

Dow at main training Thursday didn't even complete the warm up, i saw him go and speak to the medico's and then hit the sheds, so have no idea what his issue is.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Seth Campbell was in rehab for about 3 weeks dealing with a groin issue, first game back he pulls up sore and now out again with same issue.

Dow at main training Thursday didn't even complete the warm up, i saw him go and speak to the medico's and then hit the sheds, so have no idea what his issue is.
Ahhhh, soreness fair enough, still a kid, the other guy plays a ripper and then this, he can't catch a break either.
Thanks champ :)

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Back in my day we didn’t have general soreness. It was only Mark Lee or Lance Corporal…. nothing in between.