Tivendale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tivendale

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
As prez of the Greg Tivendale club, I was over the moon with his performance against the Bulldogs.

I think over the past 18 months, Greg has been heavily tagged most weeks, and clearly struggles to dump his tags. His most obvious solution would be to run all over the ground and wear his opponent out.

Against the Bullies, Alvey played no where near him, and thus he had the ball on a string. If he is given no respect, he will cut teams to pieces.

If Greg can turn it on again against Freo, look out..

Go Tivva :D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tivva was number 1 in this weeks Herald Sun MVP player rankings.
Let's hope he can keep this form going. He should now be getting lesser players courtesy of Johnson and Cogs Campbell etc.
Keep up the good work Tivva!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
yeah yeah!!! heard this one before!!! He did the same thing a couple of years ago were he played one or two good games and then soon as he got some minimal attention wasnt cited!!! When he plays 18 consistent games then ill say hes worth something!! One game dont make you a star!!! Thats been our problem all these years!!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The questoin mark over Tivs is he hasn't got a right foot and always needs to swing around back ont his left (Scotty Lucas of Essendon is the same). Agrre RR he needs to run, run and run as that is his strength along with being a good kick on his left.

He was also one of only a few who had a good finals campaign in 2001.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Of course we all want Tivs to play 22 good games and it's about time he did because we all know he is capable but how about saying something positive on the bloke? And then if at the end of the season you still think he is an under-achiever call for his trade... but until then he may play some consistently good footy!!
And while I used to agree with you that he has no right foot so far this year I have seen him use it 3 times (including practice matches) and he has hit a leading target on the chest each time! So he can do it ... maybe that's the confidence (or lack of) of the team coming in to play again.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
When he tears the Brisbane's, Port Adelaide's & Adelaides of this world apart, then tell us how good he is! The only reason he had so much of the ball is the bulldogs didnt rate him. Tag him closely and he goes to water.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
will u guys wake up!!! He plays one good game and hes a superstar!!! Give the guy a break - give hime a go!!!! Yeah hes only been there for 5-6 years!!!! Lets give him more time!!! Maybe when he hits 32 he might finally show us what hes got!!! Open ur eyes and see that one game doesnt make you good!!!! And this is a problem across the board

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
He reminds me of Daffy...looks good when in full flight. But doesn't produce enough for my liking.

Definitely good trade bait at the end of the season though.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Macca68 said:
He reminds me of Daffy.

At least Tivs makes an attempt to look where he is kicking to and doesn't always blindly kick over his shoulder ;)

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Agree to most of what has been written.

Being a big tiva fan, I have been most disappointed with his output over the years, knowing what he is capable of.

One game does not make you a star, but I never said that. I, like many hope that this can be the start of Tiva having a greater impact on more than just the odd game.

As we are all being more positive, GO TIV