Tom Hunter gorrnnnn | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Hunter gorrnnnn

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Last nights news but couldn't see it here anywhere, as title suggests our VFLW / AFLW coach has been given the lemon & sars

Not totally unexpected TBH & geez its been a while since we sacked a coach

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'd like to see Kate Sheahan follow him out the door to be honest.

Not sure she has the knowledge, experience or aptitude to build a program like this.

Would be the perfect assignment for Neil Balme to take on as he winds down his workload.

Totally agree
She was in charge of putting the list together.
She should be out.
Then wait for her old man to attack

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'd like to see Kate Sheahan follow him out the door to be honest.

Not sure she has the knowledge, experience or aptitude to build a program like this.

Would be the perfect assignment for Neil Balme to take on as he winds down his workload.
Balmey had already said he is heavily involved

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
As football operations manager, Kate Sheahan put our AFLW program together..
From what I've seen of her she's unimpressive.
All those interviewed on the Sam Lane podcast speak highly of Sheahan but our list is a basket case.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Frustratingly underwhelming. Hopefully the reboot of Richmond AFLW is easier to watch.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
aside from the dismal results and scoring, what are the deficiencies?
Why a basket case?

Asking as an overseaser who never saw a game

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
Was a shocking first year and the skill level was horrid, which makes it hard to make a case of who did and didn't do well for those involved in the program.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, they weren't great. Some glimpses of decent play but they seemed incapable of putting everything together.

The list clearly needs work, when you look at the difference between Monique Conti and most of the team the skill difference is huge.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
aside from the dismal results and scoring, what are the deficiencies?
Why a basket case?

Asking as an overseaser who never saw a game
IMO: Way too slow and underskilled. Picked up a few battlers who had long been delisted by other AFLW teams. Traded away a lot of early picks when the next wave or waves of juniors will be far superior to the players or even the "superstars" of today as they will have had years in the quality junior programs. They even drafted one of our recruiting staff who is terrible. Conti a big tick but Brennan and Frederick massively over rated.

Can't comment on Hunter because he he had little to work with but seemed to be highly rated by many - perhaps on odd decision when you consider the Hardwick treatment. Stig alluded to Hunter and others departing weeks ago.

If you listen to Sam Lane's podcast it comes through pretty clearly that we thought we were way better than we turned out.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The club certainly had high expectations.
Yet our performance in most games was really poor. Don’t think Dimma could have done much better with that team.
Not sure about Hunter but putting Sheehan in charge of that team seems now an exercise in public relations, which has misfired badly.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
IMO: Way too slow and underskilled. Picked up a few battlers who had long been delisted by other AFLW teams. Traded away a lot of early picks when the next wave or waves of juniors will be far superior to the players or even the "superstars" of today as they will have had years in the quality junior programs. They even drafted one of our recruiting staff who is terrible. Conti a big tick but Brennan and Frederick massively over rated.
i was surprised the approach was more gold coast and not more gws, especially regarding trading draft picks for players

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think there is a great deal of intellectual rigour in how she assesses the game or the players and she cheerleads more than anything else.
So, just like her old man.

As others have said, trading away draft picks for players the game had already passed (Frederick, Brennan), and drafting one of the recruiting staff, were massive fails. As was pick 7 on Sophie Molan. Timid, slow, unathletic, average skills. Would not get a kick against under-14 boys.

Ticks for Conti, Monahan, Wakefield, Chuot.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There is this desire amongst the AFLW and its boosters to call it "elite level sport". It is the highest level a woman can play our game, but it is far from elite at this young stage of its existence. The best female athletes are playing soccer, or tennis, or basketball, or swimming, or athletics, or cricket, or netball. It's great that the game has opened up to the other half of the population, and I fully support it, but I find it entitled and deluded to declare it elite at this point.

(Of course, I find professional sportswomen entitled and deluded in general, but at least some of them actually attract paying customers. And before anyone @s me, by entitled and deluded, I mean when they say they deserve equal pay to the men, when their product isn't as good, and they work less - see: tennis, a victory for women, a defeat for common sense; and soccer: Matildas demand equal pay right before getting flogged 7-0 by an under-14 boys club team.)

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There is this desire amongst the AFLW and its boosters to call it "elite level sport". It is the highest level a woman can play our game, but it is far from elite at this young stage of its existence. The best female athletes are playing soccer, or tennis, or basketball, or swimming, or athletics, or cricket, or netball. It's great that the game has opened up to the other half of the population, and I fully support it, but I find it entitled and deluded to declare it elite at this point.

(Of course, I find professional sportswomen entitled and deluded in general, but at least some of them actually attract paying customers. And before anyone @s me, by entitled and deluded, I mean when they say they deserve equal pay to the men, when their product isn't as good, and they work less - see: tennis, a victory for women, a defeat for common sense; and soccer: Matildas demand equal pay right before getting flogged 7-0 by an under-14 boys club team.)
At the members' end is Spook; coming in off the long run..................................

:mhihi :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Of course, I find professional sportswomen entitled and deluded in general, but at least some of them actually attract paying customers. And before anyone @s me, by entitled and deluded, I mean when they say they deserve equal pay to the men, when their product isn't as good, and they work less - see: tennis, a victory for women, a defeat for common sense; and soccer: Matildas demand equal pay right before getting flogged 7-0 by an under-14 boys club team.

Not sure we have enough female representation here on PRE to warrant the purchase of a popcorn machine. But still tempting.

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

But can't really disagree with any of that. Unfortunately many who hold these views are ridiculously labelled misogynistic despite much common sense evidenced in the views.

C'est la vie.