Tom Roach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I managed to get out to Oakley today to see Tom play.

This kid is all class!

He is certainly a steal for a third round pick.

Tom has got what it takes to play AFL theres no doubt about it. Tom's ability to read the play is excellent, you cant teach those kind of skills they just come naturally.

Very close to being best on ground, if not best on ground.

Made me very happy!

Good to hear

Lets hope that he turns into a future captain of the Mighty Tigers. And hopefully he can put some respect back in the the No. 8 at Tigerland

I left 5 minutes into the last quarter and Oakley were losing by about 4 goals. They were making a challenge but I dont Know what the final score was.

Tom Roach reminds me of a young Wayne Campbell, but his game style is similar to a K Johnson type.

Very good skills.

CT good to hear a positive report.

Just hope they actually develop his talent at Tigerland rather than styfling it like they seem to have done with so many others.

If he turns out to be anything like Kane JOHNSON then I think most would be very happy.

Really hope this one turns out to be a real positive for the club. Gawd knows we need some luck.

We really require quality midfielders at the club.

Lets hope young Thomas Roach gets the opportunity and establishes himself the next Wayne Campbell / Paul Brockerick / Kane Johnson or hopefully Michael Voss.

Wayne Campbell is nearing the end (he's still got much in the tank and a few years).

From The Herald Sun

Calder Cannons 12.9 (81)
Oakleigh Chargers 7.10 (52

Goals:
Calder - Kent 5 May 2 Clifton 2 J smith Dawson Goullet.
Oakleigh - Freeman 2 Sharp Pinwill D'Orazio Hasset Roach

Best:
Calder - Hartigan McLean Bentick Davis Silvester Kent
Oakleigh - Ramsay Savage Sharp Neville Young Pinwill

Roachy wasn't listed in their best ???

gustiger12 said:
No mention of Roach in the Best despite what CT said.

Interesting!!!!

Roach not being in the best can not be correct. It will be interesting to see how many stats he got.

Brock Mclean was named in the best for Calder, but I though he was very ordinary and most certainly over rated.

Perhaps they are trying to push some of the other kids chances.

Quite often the Best is thrown together after the match without much thought to meet paper deadlines.

I am not doubting your word CT.

Would be interesting to read his stats for interest sake if nothing else.