Tora in Tokyo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tora in Tokyo

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Well, Yokohama actually. Been a Tiger for 30 years ever since I saw Roycey and the boys destroy the Roos on a September afternoon in 1974. I was actually home for most of the 2004 season and what I saw, sorry to say, disgusted me. Became addicted to PRE during that dark time, and basically never really knew who to blame for the whole sorry mess. I`m just glad that it`s over and we can try to get on being, and moving towards who we really are......the best goddamn football club on the face of the Earth!! Go get 'em Tezza, Go Tiges.

G`day ToroToroToro, I am also in Japan and suffering being away from my beloved tigers. Im based in Nagoya but travel around and I was wondering if you had found any other tigerfans over here. The other thing I wanted to know was have you had any sucess in watching or listening to games live. Ive heard people mention listening on the internet but how does that work exactly?

Hey Tigerfreak,

I can help you with listening in on the internet:

Figure out the time zones and go to www.afl.com.au just before (or during) the game.
Click on the live scores link
Find the Tiger game
click on the listen live link (windows media player will start)

To listen you only need a decent computer and an internet connection.

I also watch the game - AUS$60 - but you need a fast internet connection

Cheers

NYT

Dear Tigerfreak,

I'm in Nagoya too. Hongo to be exact, along the Higashiyama line in Meito-ku. What about you?

Howz it going TFreak, Blooders. I`ve been meaning to start a Tigers In Japan thread but have never got around to it. Nagoya!? Move out of the "inaka" boys and into the big smoke. I do have some mates down there though, but I rarely move from homebase, Yokohama/Tokyo to be exact. Im a paid up $50 a year AFL.com subscriber TFreak, reliving Tigey highs and lows via the WWW whenever I feel like it. GF Day is usually a trek to the "Clubhouse" in Shinjuku every year where they have the big one live these days via ABC cable. They also show AFL and rugby (unfortunately) throughout the week all year.
How long is your tour of duty boys? I'm going on 7 years myself. TTT

Only 4 months so far but loving it Tora. I head back two days before the GF, I know its hopeful but I knew I had to be back, just in case the boys get up. Have you made it to the International Expo in Nagoya, i recommed a visit.

Hi TF and TTT.

I guess we are the three mainstays of the PRE in Japan contingent. I've lived on and off in Japan since 1993. ABC Asia Pacific doesn't cost a hell of a lot if you're going to be here for a while. So I watch a lot of games on telly from the comfort of my sofa. In fact, it's funny to think that we can get so many games on TV before many in Oz get them!

Go you Nippon Tigers!