Trade disappointment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade disappointment

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
I was really disappointed when Richmond traded Craig Lambert, thought at the time he was our most consistent players. Don't remember what we got for the trade, but expect the unexpected this year.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Got nothing for sheep, we tried to flog him off to cartoon I think because he upset the apple cart with someone at RFC but he told RFC to shove it and went into the draft as an out of contract player.

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
Quite right, Carlton in fact offered us a direct swap for Lambert .. Wait for it .. Brett Ratten.. We said no.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I have heard Miller a couple of times sarting to back pedal.....first of all our trading will raise eyebrows....now he is saying our players may have no value in the market place....if he fails in this trade draft period...his statement will rank up there with "Danny is a great coach"

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I could never understand why Richmond tried to offload Lambert.

We tried the same thing with Prescott and got nothing for him either.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Craig Lambert had a major fall out with Cameron Schwab when he found out there was a trade going. they wanted lambert to go to Fitzroy. Lambert told them to stick it and put himself in the draft.
As for Prescott, purely a money issue although his manager at the time Tony Free had a grudge with the club and wanted to stick it up them. Tony was unreasonable at the time of negiotations and thus Ashley Prescott found a new home at Freo. ;)

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I heard Prescott was happy at Tigerland, until we tried to trade him to Freo. He got jacked off and refused to go, then walked out of the club and was drafted by Freo anyway.

Once Prescott went to Freo, his career declined.

Tony Free did play a part by finally convincing Prescott to leave Richmond.

Prescott was one year of life membership.