Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Spot on
Stack picks and then throw them out the window.
I thought any pick 45-50 is still a quality pick.
Pick 27 for 38,43, & 45.
Thats fked
What’s the point of having those later picks if you don’t have enough spots on your list Einstein?

Nearly every deal i have seen proposed for us in the wider media (not PRE obviously) involving pick swaps seems to have us as the loser in the deal

pretty much everything in the media overlooks us.

2 recent montage examples

Dynastys: hawks, cats, Brisbane, no tigers

1 club Loyalty: Murphy, Boak, pendleberry, jones, hawkins, no jack rewioldt

its relentless.

Reactions: 1 users
Nearly every deal i have seen proposed for us in the wider media (not PRE obviously) involving pick swaps seems to have us as the loser in the deal
Maybe this tactic on loading up on picks with only 4 maybe 5 available spots open on your list.
Leaves you in the open because the other clubs already know you can't use them.
So the deals will always be below par. unless your going full attack to get a player off another club. But to spend 10 days trying to swap picks is a disaster when your trying to improve your list.
I think if they had there time again.
We would've taken McCrea last year and delisted more this year.
You can't have 5 spots available and have 9 picks. The clubs aren't stupid

So North bids 1 for Daicos... Collingwood match with points (say need to use all 6 picks) but Collingwood's next available pick will now be the next Collingwood spot after those picks. And so on .

Obviously most clubs will pass late in the draft or not have a late pick but Collingwood could need to use 5 picks between say 60 and 80.

They surely need to trade up late picks for higher placed picks to get the points from less picks.
so they'll need to pick 5 players at the end when everyone has finished? Having a gun F/S like this can ruin your future as you completely miss out on all the other decent kids.

those 6 picks are worth 2,423 points - with the discount they need 2400 points if bid at pick 1.

how can list spots = draft picks when you have to use 6 picks for 1 player?

The picks that get swallowed up, don't disappear, they just are removed from their current position and added to the back of the draft. So the Pies for example, lets say they use 6 picks, they get Daicos with 1, and then the other 5 go back to the back of the draft, circa pick 70-80. They'll come in to around 60 by the time they pick, but if they go in with 6 list spots then they will still have 6 picks in the draft, just not where their initial picks were.

What’s the point of having those later picks if you don’t have enough spots on your list Einstein?
The other 16 clubs aren't stupid. They can see we don't have enough spots available therefore they can bend us over.
Thanks Einstein

so they'll need to pick 5 players at the end when everyone has finished? Having a gun F/S like this can ruin your future as you completely miss out on all the other decent kids.

It sure can if you overpay for them. They will get Daicos and 5 picks in the 60's,

The picks that get swallowed up, don't disappear, they just are removed from their current position and added to the back of the draft. So the Pies for example, lets say they use 6 picks, they get Daicos with 1, and then the other 5 go back to the back of the draft, circa pick 70-80. They'll come in to around 60 by the time they pick, but if they go in with 6 list spots then they will still have 6 picks in the draft, just not where their initial picks were.
lol at collingwood. Looks like Daicos is gonna really delay their rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user
and whatshisname Barrett saying something today about if we don't land a big fish this week 2022 is over for us...

he went on to say he'd been wrong about "this mob" before... "this mob" is an interesting term for that tosser to use...

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Unless Collingwood have a plan to on trade all those picks for higher picks wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood don't try and do a player including paying salary for a higher pick trade. Basically like buying a higher pick..

Unless Collingwood have a plan to on trade all those picks for higher picks wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood don't try and do a player including paying salary for a higher pick trade. Basically like buying a higher pick..
Knowing Collingwood they will trade Thomas for pick 17.

There will be more to that deal that Chuck Ralph is reporting. He’s not good with detail.

Yep that explains it! Gee Melb has done it, trendsetters the Dees have become.

Up to six of Carlton’s “biggest stars” took pay cuts to fit Adam Cerra into the club’s salary cap, reports Seven.

Cerra has joined the club on a four-year deal worth around $2.6 to $2.8 million a season, while George Hewett joined as a free agent signing a contract worth closer to $1.8 million across four years.

The moves surprised many, given the Blues’ recent trade activity, leading to questions about how they had enough cap room.

But the report claims as many as six players accepted less money to open up space for Cerra.
“I don’t think it’s much more than he would’ve got at Fremantle; this is more about him moving home as opposed to accepting a bigger deal at the Blues,” Seven’s Mitch Cleary said.

“This is the first buy-in to this selflessness the club’s talked about; Melbourne’s done it in the roots of their premiership.”

• Haha
Yep that explains it! Gee Melb has done it, trendsetters the Dees have become.

Up to six of Carlton’s “biggest stars” took pay cuts to fit Adam Cerra into the club’s salary cap, reports Seven.

Cerra has joined the club on a four-year deal worth around $2.6 to $2.8 million a season, while George Hewett joined as a free agent signing a contract worth closer to $1.8 million across four years.

The moves surprised many, given the Blues’ recent trade activity, leading to questions about how they had enough cap room.

But the report claims as many as six players accepted less money to open up space for Cerra.
“I don’t think it’s much more than he would’ve got at Fremantle; this is more about him moving home as opposed to accepting a bigger deal at the Blues,” Seven’s Mitch Cleary said.

“This is the first buy-in to this selflessness the club’s talked about; Melbourne’s done it in the roots of their premiership.”

Fair pay rise for Cerra. I thought Jeanie Pratt had stepped off the board.