Trade Richo & Bowdo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Richo & Bowdo

R

rampagingtiger

To get 2 early picks in the national draft and a player. That would mean we'd have 3 picks in the first 7 selections of the draft.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Richo is a very talented player. There is no way I'd trade a champion. He is one of the hardest players to match up on, he has got the speed and the height. I dont blame Richo for spitting the dummy at times, they way the ball is delivered to him is far from disgraceful.
If relation to Bowen, I um and if about trading him, He has his best games when the entire team plays well and it doesnt really count. He every rarely stands up and delivers when it counts.
I would definately keep Richo and see what we can get for Bowden.
Remember one thing, Richmonds recuiting has not been very good to say the least. We'd probably draft some *smile* player whom will either be delisted or traded in the near future anyway.
I personally beleive they should head the way of 1994, they recuited youngesters and played them. In round one 1994, we had 8 players playing their first game, in 1995 we made the prelimary final.
Too much dead wood on too much money. All players should be placed on a performance basis contact and get paid their true worth. If they play great, pay them the money, if they play *smile*, give them little.

Chance

Tiger Cub
Aug 7, 2003
vic
Richo is a very talented player. There is no way I'd trade a champion. He is one of the hardest players to match up on, he has got the speed and the height. I dont blame Richo for spitting the dummy at times, they way the ball is delivered to him is far from disgraceful.

Agree fully on richo, but as for Bowden we would be lucky to get a bag of chips for him the way he has been playing lately, especially now it was bought to attention on mmm Saturday night that he leads the league in turnovers

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
Im a bit of a broken record regarding richo but…

…give him the support he needs with some descent second rung players and you will see the champion that he truly is.

Its all in the mind. He’s surrounded by tools and it brings him down. He’s an emotional personality, just watch him lift with some decent support.

Richo’s not the problem, it’s the hacks he has to play with.

Oh and Bowden, yeah thanks mate, see ya :mad:

Tigertrain

Watching turns me off my Beer!
Aug 10, 2003
hoppers crossing
Play Richo as floating centre half . a la benny gale.

he would mark everything that went back without the pressure of having to kick 5 goals a game.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Richo is 28 years of age. If he cant think for himself and relies on others, he is not worth jack *smile*!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I agree that it's the duds that are surrounding Richo that are bringing him down and getting him all emotional and flustered. But when you are 28 years old and are a so-called leader at the club your job is to lead by example and inspire others to do better, not tell them off for shonky disposal and then go and kick balls out on the full yourself. Talk about the pot and the *smile* kettle!

Richo would be a tremendous player at a club where everything is peachy. But Richo isn't made for the tough times down at Tigerland. He sooks, complains to get free kicks, has no second efforts, gets dirty on the young blokes and has less than average disposal to top it all off. I've been saying this for a while now but we need to get rid of any emotional basket cases or soft players at Punt road. We need only players with balls of steel like Chaffey, Coughlan and Kellaway. As the rappers would say, Richo, save the drama for your mama.

Despite all his shortcommings I'll admit that Richo is a(flawed) champion. When he is on song he is (abstract) poetry in motion. But when times get hard expect him to be the first one to pike it. Its useless talking about trading him; we'd never have the guts to do it. But we should, even though we won't.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I was thinking of Richo yesterday watching Brendon Fevola continually get *smile* kicks directed his way as well as always having two guyson him in a marking contest. And then him complaining to the umpire after every contest. Thought it was Richo in a Carlton guernsey for a while.

Gotta keep him though, is a champion much too good of a player and if his mates helped him wit hdelivery out we might actualyl be half-decent.

The Fireman

I'm a llama!
Aug 10, 2003
If you are throwing out Spud we will take Richo as well. ;)
Richo is a great player, he gets little support.from the rest of the team.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
It's too late for Richo and Bowdo. I agree they should go. We don't want to waste the talent that is Brad Ottens over the next 8-10 years. It's vital we surround him with very good players, if that means getting high picks for Richo & Bowden so that we can draft some quality key position players then so be it.

The club should move heaven and earth to get a couple of picks in the top 5. They could do it with some canny moves.

Unfortunately, Bowden is now a liability, a typical Richmond introvert and doesn't have the character to go the next step.

With Richo, we've wated his talent already by surrounding him with hacks. It's too late.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Its going to take two-three years to develop a new side. You build it around Ottens, not yesterday's men like Richo.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
What will we get for Bowden now? nothing compared to what we would have 2 yrs ago. Cant see anyone offering better than pick 25-30