Tradeable RFC players list growing! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tradeable RFC players list growing!

R

rampagingtiger

Dont be surprised people if very soon you start hearing that players like Stafford, Rodan and Newman, join the list of Bowden, Holland and Hall as trade bait. Miller wants 2 early picks in the national draft atleast. Thats why he will trade picks after No 30 for recycled players. Lets see what happens.

Besides they cant trade Rodan I named my dog Rodan ;D

Highly unlikely that Miller would be silly enough to trade people like Rodan and Newman. They are what we need: exciting young players with plenty of talent and more importantly good disposal!!

All players are tradeable if the right offer is put on the table, however sying this there would be only two that I would say are untouchable - Cogs & Kane Johnson.

Stafford would be a great trade to offer espically to any of the sides below us on the ladder at the moment as they all need a big man and we just might luck it for a Round 1 pick. Espically from the Bulldogs as they have a priority pick.

The issue then is we have to pick the right kid (does the name Pavlich make you as sick as it does me).

All im saying is that whilst we might admire the likes of Newman and Rodan...they may be considered expendible as part of a deal. They wont be used as the primary bait, but if they can pinch an early pick by including a Newman or a Rodan, Ive heard theyll do it.

All I know is that at the Tigers there are only 4 untouchables... Richo (which surprised me when I heard it), Coughlan, Ottens and Johnson. Everyone else is expendable for the right deal, whether we like it or not.

Interesting but why would we trade two young players Rodan or little Sam that have just established themselves as senior players with a ten year future for a kid who may become a player after he does a couple of year apprentice ship. Could understand it if they traded an experienced 25/26 year old for an early pick.

i doubt very much rodan and newman would even be mentioned by miller as trade bait both are young and plenty of football ahead of them.
cogs,otto,johnson,newman,rodan,*smile*,chaffey and AK are the untouchables on the list.

All are expendable, except for Coughlan, Ottens and maybe Chaffey.
Rodan will struggle to be a five year player at best and the jury is still out on Newman. If the deal is good, trade em.

Haven't I heard all this before? Haven't the RFC come out and said they will trade aggressively?

I'll beleive it when I see it.................the club is full of spindoctors and says what the naive supporters want to hear........but when it comes to the crunch they don't do *smile* and the supporters forget everything that was said.

I agree with Harry ;D, I have noticed so many people almost demanding that Bowden turnover king, be traded because of his short comings. Mind you I agree with that view. One interesting point I wish to make. If RFC supporters know how bad and frustrating he is, deos anyone think maybe the other 15 clubs might have a hint of this issue. I don't think we would get too much for him and that is assuming another club wants him.

And for something different, I'll agree with Harry too.

The RFC talk a lot of *smile* and as far as I'm concerned now, actions speak louder than words.

My info is that there are only 4 untouchables on the list. Dont blame me if you want more people on it. Only Four...Richo, Coughlan, Johnson and Ottens. Thats it. Thats not to say everyone else will be traded but they will wait and see what gets offered for what players if anything. Someone before had 8 players on the list...that list wasnt right but anyway what can I say, im just passing on what i hear.

You've just spoilt my Saturday evening, RT. Think I'll open a bottle of wine and dream of the good ol' days...like 1973-4!!!

There is certainly a number of players I'd like to see Richmond offload / sack. However, I cant see any more than 5 maybe 6 players dropped off the list or traded.

My top three players that Richmond must offload are
1 Rogers (complete dud)
2 King (cant kick, shouldnt play AFL)
3 Pettifer (just plain *smile*)